FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

helpppp!!!!!!!

fireoffears
Ok, I have approximately $3000 to spend on a new rig. I have quite a few questions here. First, for moderate gaming, is an ATI x1600 good enough, with 600 MHz clock speed, and 1450 MHz memory clock. Well, here, Linky

Now, onto the more important issue, before I can go any further, I've alloted about $400 for processor budget. So here's what I am concidering.

Here's what I'm looking for. Good gaming performance, but pushing to that last FPS is not a priority. As long as I get decent performance, I will be happy. I want a general faster interface, such as loading time, launching apps, encoding, and general processing. Also things such as installs to go faster. Basically I want a well rounded system. Which of those CPUs will serve best. (I haven't picked out anything else, so feel free to make mobo suggestions if you would like).
WebSiteGuru
Since you have the money to spend, AMD 64 if you asked me for CPU. For gaming purposes, AMD beat out intel by far. $400, will be more than enough to get a motherboard and CPU for AMD system. Make sure you get at least 3500+, it will help you in the long run.

Also get the lastest video card that just come out. It will be for a better graphics side of the house.

Dont forget the memory get the maximum if possible but at least 1GHz of memory.

For gaming you dont just want a decent system. You want to get the best system you can get.