FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NO MORE BONDINGS, PLEASE.

Kashinilaya
Im not sure I have the right to do it, but Im using a marketing technique taught by n0obie4life (if Im not mistaken) to inspire people to read the topic. (I remember he named his post Frih$ for those who read this, or something like that). Of course Im not starting a campaign against our chief administrator (Im actually very happy with him, his team and Frihost.com itself!). Im using the word BONDINGS as a synonym for ATTACHMENTS.
I know it may lead to a red-pepper-chilly-hot discussion, but my personal experience seems to corroborate the wisdom of the eastern philosophers. Attachment is a source of sorrow. It transforms love into jealousy. It diminishes solidarity. It brings dependence on non-lasting happiness. It may lead a nation to war! When we bind our senses to the object of our pleasure, we feel miserable when the object is gone. The trick is to enjoy without allowing ourselves to depend on the joy, to have a flexible approach to acquisitions, to understand that materiality is relative, doesnt last, only spirituality lasts!
Such a philosophy brings uncomfortable feelings due to our western approach to life. Does it imply the end of monogamy? The end of capitalism? The end of nations??? Not necessarily any of those, but it definitely requires a new way of viewing marriage, money, patriotism, or any other aspect of our lives. Passion is the father of bondage, love, the mother of freedom!
If you feel like replying this post, please go ahead, but dont you feel so attached to your old thoughts that youll miss some truth that may be stated in the lines above. As I said before, no more bondings, please.
[/b]
mschnell
Not all eastern philosophers took that look on attatchment. How about confucian thought, or perhaps even daoism. Confucian thought involves filial piety and I believe daosim does as well. Maybe daoism throws out the "attatchment" to learning, but I don't think it throws out attatchment to ancestors or families.
raver
someone has a lot of free time... oh that must be so good.. Sad
/me goes back to scripting like a slave Sad
SunburnedCactus
Both loyalty and commitment require a certain degree of attachment in order to be valid in any way.
Vrythramax
Bondings' provides....you don't.

-EOL-
evilryu530
wtf? someone's been dippin into their parent's meth supply....shame on u!!! lock this thread.
Insanity
Got me to read this topic alright... so props on that.
Vrythramax
Insanity wrote:

*SIGH* .........I Heard that, and got me to respond....twice.
n0obie4life
lmao. I thought it was a protest against Bondings, I'd love to see one and if it's relavant, I'll join in Razz.

It got me to see this topic, props to you.

I've got nothing worthwhile to contribute to this topic doh.
Kashinilaya
mschnell wrote:
Not all eastern philosophers took that look on attatchment.

I didn't say that.

Quote:
but I don't think it throws out attatchment to ancestors or families.

Please don't mistake love for attachment.

Quote:
someone has a lot of free time... oh that must be so good..
/me goes back to scripting like a slave

Think again, raver.

Quote:
Both loyalty and commitment require a certain degree of attachment in order to be valid in any way.

Not really. But, as I said above, love is a different thing.

Quote:
Bondings' provides....you don't.

I didn't get it...

Quote:
wtf? someone's been dippin into their parent's meth supply....shame on u!!! lock this thread.

One day you'll see the logic, if you really want to.

Quote:

I know! I had a good professor!
mschnell
Have you ever watched the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie?

"You're really weird."
adwya
its too long
James007
Try a normal topic title... I don't really like this one...
-close-