FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server Timeouts ~ lots of 'em

blackbart
I just got onto my new hosting account yesterday reallywanted to get up and running.
I am getting server 500 errors more times than i am having success. I only have a wordpress blog and I get these errors when just configuring or posting.
Code:

Server Error
The following error occurred:

[code=SERVER_RESPONSE_CLOSE] The server closed the connection while reading the response. Contact your system administrator.

I am on frih.net (server 2)

~edit~
i have been able to post but cannot 'publish'. Cannot FTp to the site either. Time out
Few hours later and now I cannot even hit my site. Server timeout. is this a problem you are aware of or is it something to do with my site in particular?
Bondings
The server is currently down and there seems to be a problem with restarting it.

About the errors, please post a link to your blog and I'll take a look at the problem. 500 errors are mostly due to a misconfiguration of file permissions, either of the file or directory.
Bondings
It's back online now. Very Happy
blackbart
Think the servers just a might unstable right now, i'll wait. When I publish the ping list is quite large I added a plugin that allows the page to refresh while the ping runs. Pretty sure it ain;t a rights issue as the pages sometimes work. just after several (I'm talkin 20 - 30) attempts.
I had a Site genrator project I was working on on the server yesterday i was getting the same issues overly long delays and timeouts then sucess after several tries. I removed that app and brought it back down to my local server.
AS it is now I cannot reach my page, maybe the server's gone down again?
Kyle Katarn
That is correct. I cannot access it either. Just give it some time, and Bondings should have it fixed.
blackbart
it's Two AM here. Think I'll give up for the evening and head to bed.
Bondings
I'm sorry people, hardware problems and the server crashed again a few minutes after being restarted. The techs are now checking it. I have no idea when it will be back online. Hopefully soon.
Bondings
The server is now back up.
blackbart
The server seems to be hitting pretty strong now. I'm still gettin' them timeouts, onlywhen I publish. Now that the server's stable and good I can troubleshoot, you never learn by having someone else fix your problems right? If I need help I can post the problem here; no?
Or, better yet, lock this thread and I'll post a new one if I need help.
Thanks, man.
Bondings
blackbart wrote:
The server seems to be hitting pretty strong now. I'm still gettin' them timeouts, onlywhen I publish. Now that the server's stable and good I can troubleshoot, you never learn by having someone else fix your problems right? If I need help I can post the problem here; no?
Or, better yet, lock this thread and I'll post a new one if I need help.
Thanks, man.

You really shouldn't be getting timeouts now. Both servers are set to low timeout values to prevent the server from overloading. If your scripts run for x seconds without generating any output then they might time out. If that is the case then you really need to optimize those pages. I don't think a normal Wordpress blog would cause that. Did you install any specific mods/hacks?
blackbart
Had the problem out of the box. So I installed a plugin "nowaitping.php" this supposed to return output while the ping runs in the BG. Clames to fix the very prob I'm havng. I've been busy with other things and it's really something I need to open up and hack a bit there are a few things i'm hoping to learn by using the site generators blggers and pinging tools so This will be good exercise for me.
Smile
Haven't used it today. Been busy with a few other sites that have lost their databases Evil or Very Mad Will open up the code and see what's up.