FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

forcibly euthanize the elderly: yes or no

is it morally acceptable to kill off old people the majority deems feckless?
hell, yes!
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
certainly not!
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

gonzo
yes
Old people. Who needs them? They suck money from my paycheck into a ponzi scheme that I'll never get back. Let's show them up and kill them off right quick. Sure we can fit the population of the PLANET into texas alloting each person 1000 acres and use the rest of the land to easily raise food to support them but I prefer to ignore that reality and claim the planet is overpopulated.

no
All life is intrinsically valueable from conception to natural death. There's no sane reason to slaughter either the elderly or the newly conceived. Selfishness is at the root of both desires to murder: abortion and euthanasia. Love your elders -- even your neighbors elders.
Sappho
What the hell has this anything to do with euthanasia i wonder. Smile

And u forgot one thing it was the older generation who supported us till we were capable of doing it ourselves.
drunkfun
YES, I AGREE.

LET'S KILL THEM ALL. That way we could return Florida to the youth and party hard like Scarface used to.

There should be a law, if you're heart stops then no restarts, if you need a new hip then you're executed and if you can't hear anything below 10db then firing squad.
n0obie4life
I wouldn't want to be treated so horribly when I grow old.

Everyone will be old someday, unless you die early Rolling Eyes.

@drunkfun

Have fun.
Jeslyn
Sounds like anti-abortion propaganda in disguise
the_mariska
Jeslyn wrote:

Call it propaganda or whatever you want, but it is only about fighting for the most basic human right - the right to live.
Jeslyn
I will call it whatever I want, that's my right. But do try to be more careful not to force your beliefs down everyone's elses throat. It makes a lot of people, mainly myself, rather testy.
tidruG
Sappho wrote:
What the hell has this anything to do with euthanasia i wonder.
So do I.

Jeslyn wrote:

In disguise?
gonzo wrote:
There's no sane reason to slaughter either the elderly or the newly conceived. Selfishness is at the root of both desires to murder: abortion and euthanasia.

the_mariska wrote:
the right to live.

What about the right to die when we want? Why should the state prosecute me if I attempt to kill myself? Why should anyone have control over my decision to live/die?

Jeslyn wrote:
I will call it whatever I want, that's my right. But do try to be more careful not to force your beliefs down everyone's elses throat. It makes a lot of people, mainly myself, rather testy.

Fully agree with your post.

In the end, I am pro-choice. It's up to the mother/parents to decide whether they want/need an abortion, just as it is the patient's choice regarding euthanasia.

As far as forcibly bumping off old people is concerned, NO WAY JOSE!!
tim_s
lol. Of course you can't forcibly euthanise. Where would you draw the line? I mean at which age? Why would someone 1 day after that age deserve to be killed but not 1 day before that birthday?

Also forcible euthanasia is contradictory - if it is forceful it isn't euthanasia!!
David_Pardy
tidruG - Why doesn't the BABY get to choose if it wants to be aborted or not?

Abortion is just a means for slutty women to have way too much sex with way too many people for the completely wrong reasons and it DOES have a hugely negative emotional impact on women. You just ask ANY woman who has had an abortion and don't be shocked if they start crying.
Jeslyn
Quote:
Abortion is just a means for slutty women to have way too much sex with way too many people for the completely wrong reasons and it DOES have a hugely negative emotional impact on women. You just ask ANY woman who has had an abortion and don't be shocked if they start crying.

Don't make stupid assumptions, it makes you sound like a dumbass... but I suppose if you sound like a duck...

I don't know anyone who has ever had an abortion, but even I did, I wouldn't demean them and call them "slutty", just because you don't have a better argument then that weak one you're tossing out, doesn't give you a right to make a rather pathetic attempt to tear someone else down because of their choice.

A lot of people have made some fairly good pro-life arguments, but yours has to be the dumbest one I have heard yet. Congratulations. Very Happy
monkeystravels
the_mariska said:
Quote:
the most basic human right - the right to live.

Are you sure the right to live is the most fundamental human right? Or even a human right at all? Because if it were, then liberal democracies would not implement death penalties.

The nature of human rights dictates that human rights exist, nothing further is necessary. If you murdered someone, and were thus taken to a court representing the laws of the land to which you have consented. When found guilty and executed you would still have your ‘human right’ to life (assuming that it is a human right) despite having just been killed.

The concept of human rights rests upon the notion that some laws are universal to all humans wherever they are; Human rights are higher than states or individuals and are indisputable.
The problem is, there are no universal rights (except perhaps breathing air?). So perhaps human rights are merely civil rights (in that they are a product of states and require state enforcement). This could possibly be due to moral imperialism and human chauvinism.

As for the question…

No. That’s ridiculous.
Airfrorfria
yes
they can't make decisions on they're own suck money and can't drive for crap

no
put youself in their shoes how would you like to be injected and thrown away from your family
Vrythramax
Jeslyn wrote:
Quote:

Don't make stupid assumptions, it makes you sound like a dumbass... but I suppose if you sound like a duck...

A lot of people have made some fairly good pro-life arguments, but yours has to be the dumbest one I have heard yet. Congratulations. Very Happy

BWAHAHAHHAA!....Right on Jeslyn! Sounds like a quote I made in a similar thread previously Smile
gonzo
Jeslyn wrote:
[it makes you sound like a dumbass

But there's only room for one: you.

"That's my right" to call you that. It's not nice to call names, but I thought you'd understand it better on the receiving end for a change.

Quote:
I wouldn't .. call them "slutty" .. you [don't have] a right to [call them that]

ahhh only YOU have rights? gotcha. Good job keeping that law of non contradiction at arms lenght, though. fk'ing on a whim isn't slutty? What is slutty? You perhaps? Don't like the appelation? You call it choice, he calls it slutty. Agree to disagree?

Don't want to get pregnant? Don't have sex. THERE'S YOUR CHOICE. Everything else is selfish irresponsibility.. if not outright delusion.

Thanks for your hostility! I haven't yet reached my fill today.

Rolling Eyes
Vrythramax
gonzo wrote:
Jeslyn wrote:
[it makes you sound like a dumbass

But there's only room for one: you.

"That's my right" to call you that. It's not nice to call names, but I thought you'd understand it better on the receiving end for a change.

Quote:
I wouldn't .. call them "slutty" .. you [don't have] a right to [call them that]

ahhh only YOU have rights? gotcha. Good job keeping that law of non contradiction at arms lenght, though. fk'ing on a whim isn't slutty? What is slutty? You perhaps? Don't like the appelation? You call it choice, he calls it slutty. Agree to disagree?

Don't want to get pregnant? Don't have sex. THERE'S YOUR CHOICE. Everything else is selfish irresponsibility.. if not outright delusion.

Thanks for your hostility! I haven't yet reached my fill today.

Rolling Eyes

Love your graphics Gonzo. Maybe another thread in another topic?
Sappho
gonzo wrote:

OMG i have enough, i think its right about time to close down this topic ppl start to yell and forget to think first. Smile