FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How is this possible?? - Firefox Ram usage

Da Rossa
Look at this:

Do I have any kind of malware that interacts with firefox or this ram usage is simple a consequence of the number of open tabs?
I know this is not normal.... Hos to decrease the memory usage?

Thanks so much!
mogyoro
Hi,

This looks really worrying but it's not some virus doing this or anything else, it's simply the firefox. I don't say that there is no malware around but simply I’ve never seen a virus using that amount of memory...

Firefox loads a lot of things up in memory especially if you visit sites with tons of flash incorporated in them. I noticed some warez stuff around, now that can be dangerous. I have entered once on one of these sites and the explorer gone made, in one hour I was already formatting my hard...

I have 40 Mb mem. usage if simply I start firefox and go to this site. This goes up little by little if I add new tabs...
Da Rossa
Thanks!
But no, this is not about the filewarez.com site.. that's just a forum, like this one.
Thanks for the explanation, seems to be the best conclusion so far.
dxhunter
You open to many tabs its possible firefoxt must be unite this problem, firefoxt use to many RAM. At the moment i open only 1 tab but take 75 mb. Ram. Confused
Rocky3478
That's normal for Firefox, in my experience. I've had several different browsers go over 500Mb of RAM before.....
Ranfaroth
Yes, Firefox is said to use a lot of RAM.
If this point disturbs you, you should try SeaMonkey which is better designed and use less memory.
bboy_nycb
I don't have any trouble with firefox even if many tabs are used. Nevertheless, with flash-made website, firefox got stuck and I had to reopen a new window.
Da Rossa
Thank You, but I prefer Firefox although this memory usage Very Happy
Cridiron
It probbably is normal for firefox, you had quite a few tabs open.