FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem Loading Page

eznet
Hello Again FriHost Community,

I have been having a great deal of problems lately with my site not properly loading.
Quote:
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at anydomain.eznet.frih.net.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

This is not a problem isolated to my computer as several of my test users have been complaining that sometimes it will take several clicks before a page will properly load (the test group are not exactly newbies either - they are not hammering the site).

Currently there are only about 6 users plus myself using the site while I get it up but we anticipate at least a couple of hundred up to a couple of thousand registered users (university site). Is there something wrong with the servers or is this a problem on site specifically (which I don't think as I have set up 4-5 sites here on server two with the same problems).

Currently I am using e107 and wordpress but have used drupal, nuke & phpbb.

Thanks!
Bondings
I visited your website, loaded at least 30-50 pages on your blog. One of them got me that message, all the others loaded fine. I tried a few other websites hosted on the second server and none of them returned that message. Maybe apache was restarted or something similar.
eznet
Thanks for the reply. I hope that is it. I have the problem pretty frequently but it also usually clears up pretty quickly. It is as if I am temprarily blocked for a few minutes then unblocked. I didn't know if I was hitting the site too quickly (rarely faster than a few seconds between clicks) and being banned or something like that. Again, thanks.

Ez
Bondings
There was such a setting, but I disabled it now. That really shouldn't be the problem, I think.

However, apache seems to be restarting very often the last few hours. I'm going to look into it.

And of course now I monitor it, it doesn't happen. Rolling Eyes
eznet
Things never malfunction while you are looking at them, they wait until you turn around...

Thanks for looking into it for me though... As I have said, and will continue to do so, You Guys Kick Major Hosting Booty!

It just dawned on my that I have not added a link to frihost on my latest migration of CMSs..... Adding......Added!

Thanks again!

Ez