FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

domain url

alja
Hi, I just bought a domain and created the entry in drectadmin but I would like to access it since I am working on the site. How can I reach the folder of the domain? which url can I use before my DNS server is updated and my new domain running?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Bondings
Maybe use this url: http://216.32.85.170/~alja/ . Otherwise, no idea how to access it, maybe with an online proxy as those usually are faster for dns changes.
alja
Thanks Bondings, It did work, I have another question though, this address, would it be used to any domain I create? I am confused since I tried before a couple of opptions like "http://216.32.85.170/~alja/camilajimenez.com/" since this is the name of the folder that was created but it didn't work. I also tried within the domain folder because I thought I had to use the folder but with the address you gave.... I just don't understand how I can get the right folder only with the main folder. I hope I make sense.... anyway it did work and once again thank you.
Bondings
I'm not completely sure of this, but it should only redirect to one directory, so I don't think you can use it for other domains.
alja
thats what I thought, but then I was lucky that it chose the folder I needed and not any other? this is just for the sake of curiosity, so if anyone can give me a clue is apreciated.