FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's influencing technology adoption?

goutha
Scientists affirms that Perceivec Ease of Use, Perceived Usefulness are the two aspects that influences people adoption of technology?

What do you think about that?

Personally, I think that there's several other factors... Experience, Norms, etc...
gh0stface
A lot of it is also costs. If the expense to create a technological feature is extremely expensive, it might be hard to adopt.

At the moment, I can't think of anything else. I probably should since I did take a class the discussed the adoption of new technology -_-
SunburnedCactus
As above, I would also say cost is a major factor. Many of the technologies today were completely unfeasible a few years ago because of the costs involved. For example plasma screens have recently become more popular as the price has fallen to a more consumer-friendly level.
DJHicks
i think ease of use and need is a key factor!

yeah its nice to have a large flash telly, lcd, plasma, hdtv etc

but to the untrained eye the standard tube tv's etc are fine and there spending anything from 1,000 to 3000 GBP is just crazy!

hence y i never brought an ipod... in my eye there a fashion accessory..

it seriously lacks the functionaliy of half price systems currently available and has so many flaws, such as screen bruising, cracking, rubber wearing off even the most looked after pods, freezing, and the battery dying out after a year or so....

i'd rather have something thats not flashy if it performs well and i'll use it... because i NEED it
benjamincblunt
Okay here's something I don't get. So why does technology "costs" so much money? I mean do we really have to pay a whole crap-load of scientist to sit on there @$$'s and think of new things and think to be creative enough to come up with new technology! I mean come on if they were half way smart they would think of a new idea and be smart enough that by the time they test it it wouldn't require not even near this amount of money on materials for tests to perfect new technology
gh0stface
benjamincblunt wrote:
Okay here's something I don't get. So why does technology "costs" so much money? I mean do we really have to pay a whole crap-load of scientist to sit on there @$$'s and think of new things and think to be creative enough to come up with new technology! I mean come on if they were half way smart they would think of a new idea and be smart enough that by the time they test it it wouldn't require not even near this amount of money on materials for tests to perfect new technology

Because it takes money to produce them. You still have to figure out a way to mass produce, figure out the cost of materials, and the availibility of materials to produce an item.

Then you also have to factor in demand and supply economic concept. I'm sure there are also other varials which I haven't touched on, but these are what comes to mind.
Scotty Too Hotty
i completly agree. Its not usually that its expensive to think about the idea, its that it is expensive to produce and test the idea. Look at XBOX for example. The first XBOX's sold for over $500 CDN, and the first models even Caught fire after a little bit of usage. Meaning that they were not fully tested. Think of the money it costs to replace those. Its doubled the cost. Because you have to pay to produce the first one its fried, you have to pay to produce the other one, and then try and make a gain off the whole fact that this guy has told all his buddies that hhis XBOX caught fire.

Testing and Production are the major costs in most technology.
gonzo
curiosity