FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Limit signature size

Signatures should be limited to:
Text only
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Small Image (40*100)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Medium-small Image (60*200)
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Medium Image (80*400)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

LukeakaDanish
I just think that limiting signature size to something like 75*400 would make the majority more happy
    majorly increased load times --> faster browsing

less bandwidth overload

less running out of download limit

less annoying resizing of content as sigs load etc.

So many people have sigs which they think are masively cool, and they will of course hate me for this...never mind...

Try changing your screen resolution to 800*600 (Its safe to asume some users still use this setting)...the sig below takes up two thirds of the friggn screen!

Also a restriciton should be placed on signature/avatar size (kB)...those 300kb animated avatars really annoy me...Mad

If you support limiting the sig size...please sign the petition by voting above!

Luke

PS: The following sig made me write this post:

250kB...thats just ridiculous!

(my appologies go to the designer of this wonderful piece of art...but it doesnt qualify as a sig image in my oppinion!)
Bondings
That's not a signature, that's a wallpaper or a poster. Wink

If it would be up to me, the signatures would be 1-3 lines maximum, text only. There are just 10000 registered users that wouldn't like that, I suppose.
LukeakaDanish
Bondings wrote:
That's not a signature, that's a wallpaper or a poster. Wink

If it would be up to me, the signatures would be 1-3 lines maximum, text only. There are just 10000 registered users that wouldn't like that, I suppose.

Just limit it a bit then...

20kB max for sigs

8kB max for avatars

Anyone should be able to get something decent out of that...
SunburnedCactus
I thought there was a limit in place? Some people have had their signatures removed because they were too big in the past (*cough*Gonzo*cough*)...
LukeakaDanish
SunburnedCactus wrote:
I thought there was a limit in place? Some people have had their signatures removed because they were too big in the past (*cough*Gonzo*cough*)...

Well if there is...it needs to be more strict...I dont mind small graphics but people should accept that bigger isnt always better...

If you put a pixel size limiter, having a nice signature would be something that requires skills...anyone can make a 600*400 graphic that looks "cool"
Jazz
LukeakaDanish wrote:
SunburnedCactus wrote:

Well if there is...it needs to be more strict...I dont mind small graphics but people should accept that bigger isnt always better...

If you put a pixel size limiter, having a nice signature would be something that requires skills...anyone can make a 600*400 graphic that looks "cool"

Yes but it may cause a bit of havoc you know because some people can only make good avatars/sigs if they are big because some people dont have the right software to make smaller ones, but there could be some good points but i dont want to bore you any longer.
LukeakaDanish
Jazz wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:
SunburnedCactus wrote:

Yes but it may cause a bit of havoc you know because some people can only make good avatars/sigs if they are big because some people dont have the right software to make smaller ones, but there could be some good points but i dont want to bore you any longer.

Meh...you dont need the right software to make a smaller sig???...only the right skills to "say what you want" in a smaller amount of space...

If its resizing images your after, pretty much any image editor appart from MSPaint will do that just fine...
James007
Listen...

600px width => maximum
175px height => maximum
50kb => maximum

If you see a signature and that sig is not okay... you pm a moderator. We are constantly looking for those sigs and giving people sigwarnings. Just give us a username and we will check.

-close-