FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My forum

zonymousbond007
http://007lounge.phpbbweb.com

This is a James Bond forum, which is just growing, so please join up! Very Happy

thanks,
Zonymousbond
madsencarl
You're only starting (12 members) so I suggest that you LAY THE HELL OF THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF BOARDS!!! Seriously, start off with a few boards, then as your community grows, add more boards. A new user coming in wouldn't know where to post stuff, and feel like the boards deserted.
Less can be better than more - http://www.bombingscience.com/graffitiforum/ has 5 active boards and 11,000+ members, most of which are active.
clip
yes, that's true, you don't have to make as lot of categories and forums. Because:

1. It's harder to maintain and administer,
2. People like me don't have the patience to drag the scroll bars for long.

So there you are! Very Happy
Parent
Good start, but as recommended, start with a fewer amount of boards to increase the chnaces of posting.
reshi
Not bad, but as the others have said - to many topics! Try generalising the groups
Blaster
Just to really stick it in your head. Fewer post can be easier. Start out slow and make a suggestion topic. Watch for suggestions.
Squeeky
I don't like the skin you have used, it is to dark! I couldn't look at it for 1 min. You need a better banner and not so bright text. If you look at Frihost's skin it is easy to look at and read, and still looks nice. If you really dont want to change it then at least give members a chioce between one like frihosts or your dark one.
jstoeffler
Not a bad forum....
I actually like the skin you used and the colors...
But I agree with others that you need to have less topics to choose from. Instead of having a board for each video game, maybe you should just have one board called "Video Game Help and Discussion"
Just me, though.....
shwetanshu
not bad, skin is good, but pls less number of boards, if i m not wrong u r using 45-50 boards, eh?? users might feel confused on seeing such huge number of boards
Iris
shwetanshu wrote:
not bad, skin is good, but pls less number of boards, if i m not wrong u r using 45-50 boards, eh?? users might feel confused on seeing such huge number of boards

Yeah, I feel the same way Wink
zonymousbond007
Squeeky wrote:
I don't like the skin you have used, it is to dark! I couldn't look at it for 1 min. You need a better banner and not so bright text. If you look at Frihost's skin it is easy to look at and read, and still looks nice. If you really dont want to change it then at least give members a chioce between one like frihosts or your dark one.

We actually have loads other skins to choose from, so that's OK Wink

About the boards situation, I can't really have any less. We need all of these for all the various discussions possible. I added the groups section recently, and that was what made it much bigger. I'm not going to make any new boards, so we're not bad for now.
zonymousbond007
New change.

I've removed some of the boards, so now they are hidden, unless you are given access to that part.
Vanquish
I think you should basicaly stop flaming at this guy and give him a chance, my advice is not to delete lots of your forums as it has obviously taken you a long time, but to spam your website to everyone you know. If you also want to get more serious about it how about making fliers and putting them in your local shop or pub or something? I don't think you should delete all of these boards as they have clearly taken you a long time, and sometimes people prefer to have lots of topics so they can get to specificaly what they want without having to click through lots of threads. Anyway dude, you don't have to take my advice but i'm just trying to help you. Like I said I can see you have taken alot of time and care into this website and I hope it goes well for you mate, I myself am not a big fan of Bond otherwise I would sign up and spam your forum for you. I hope this topic helps you and when you decide what you want to do, if you decide that is. Please PM me I would like to see what happens to everything, but anyway good luck and I hope everything goes well!
erlendhg
Squeeky wrote:
I don't like the skin you have used, it is to dark! I couldn't look at it for 1 min.

I don't think so. I think the skin was really cool and really good looking.
Well, anyone has the right to say his / her opinion Smile
It΄s right, you should start with less boards while your community just starts to grow.
Keep ut the good work Smile
zonymousbond007
Vanquish wrote:
I think you should basicaly stop flaming at this guy and give him a chance, my advice is not to delete lots of your forums as it has obviously taken you a long time, but to spam your website to everyone you know. If you also want to get more serious about it how about making fliers and putting them in your local shop or pub or something? I don't think you should delete all of these boards as they have clearly taken you a long time, and sometimes people prefer to have lots of topics so they can get to specificaly what they want without having to click through lots of threads. Anyway dude, you don't have to take my advice but i'm just trying to help you. Like I said I can see you have taken alot of time and care into this website and I hope it goes well for you mate, I myself am not a big fan of Bond otherwise I would sign up and spam your forum for you. I hope this topic helps you and when you decide what you want to do, if you decide that is. Please PM me I would like to see what happens to everything, but anyway good luck and I hope everything goes well!

Thanks! Smile

I'm not going to delete any more boards, but I've just made a few hidden, so if you have access, you can view it.
testoo
You should remove some boards but the skin is nice!
Just make 7-8 boards! The user is lost when he comes to ur forum and goes back quickly - like me...
An other thing, but this is your choice, I think people dislike just talking about James Bond, so you won't have a lots of active user in the future...
try to choose a bigger topic like spy in movies