FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How can i make that intro page?

engeland
I figured this is prolly not a topic for design tips forum because im just here to ask on the url etc.

Have you ever entered certain sites where at first you see a graphic collage which you supposed to click on? only then will you be directed to the site's main page.

Here's an example site

www.emma-watson.net

But here's the thing, i noticed that whenever you refresh the page, it goes back to that INTRO page. I want advice on how to make it refresh the current page instead of the whole thing.

should i name the intro page (or however you call it) index.php? and the main page main.php(or smthng like that)?

help

Confused
clogfan
Actually, you don't have to do anything to become what you want. Just name your first page index.php or index.html (on frihost), and give the other pages another name.

On the emma watson site, they use a technique that avoids updating the address bar. You'll see that, when you position the mouse above the intro pages "enter : the site", you'll see another URL in the status bar (at the bottom of your browser) : www.emmawatson-fans.com/ew/Index.php
Daniel15
Quote:
But here's the thing, i noticed that whenever you refresh the page, it goes back to that INTRO page. I want advice on how to make it refresh the current page instead of the whole thing.

That site is using frames to do that. The actual site is http://emmawatson-fans.com/ . The www.emma-watson.net page just has one frame with the emmawatson-fans.com page in it.

Quote:
should i name the intro page (or however you call it) index.php? and the main page main.php(or smthng like that)?

Exactly. That's what you do. Call the entrance page 'index.php' and the main page 'main.php' (or whatever you want, you could also put it in another folder).
engeland
i see. thanx for the help Smile