FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FireFox big issues!!!!

GDG
Hey everyone,

I was wondering could someone tell me why I am having this problem. When I install Firefox everythign is ok and I can use all features, visit all websites and forums. But there is always one little thing that is never working on my Firefox, I have tried almost everything.

When I want to play a video from the internet I always get this notice to install plug in. When I search it never finds suitable plug in. Either that or it tells me to manual install teh plug-in When I go there it is usually Windows Media Player site download or real player, or quicktime. Yet I have all 3 software/programs installed on my computer.

Why woudl Firefox do this and if anyoen has had a problem like this before please help me out. Thank you!
RiCtee
I think it's because there's a different version of the plugin for different browsers. An IE one and a FireFox one. That's in my case for Macromedia Flash Player, but not sure for WMP/RP/QT.
PuNGS
I had a issue like that too. I fixed it reinstalling the players after installing Firefox, and everything went smooth.
GDG
PuNGS wrote:
I had a issue like that too. I fixed it reinstalling the players after installing Firefox, and everything went smooth.

I will try that out pungs right now and tell you whether it worked or not. Thanks for the tips guys!!! I will be right back!
GDG
OK I went and reinstalled all media players again. I reinstalled windows media player 10, Quicktime player and Realplayer. I tried to play a video from the Firefox browser and it wont work. Can anyone tell em why this is happeneing to me and how can I fix it. It alwasy tells me to install a missing plugin!!!
Jamatu
What version of Firefox are you using? Also what video type are you trying to play? Knowing that would make it much easier to come up with a fix.
blackbart
I'm on Linux 90% of the tme and my options are limited. most vid just open in totem and i'm happy with that. but if you're in Windows and want to troubleshoot youself here's a page you should be looking at:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_FAQs#Plugins
boringest
maybe you should check the settings of the players you made, esp. quicktime, check the quicktime settings and switch on the ones that says streaming.
photon
just reinstalling the players wont help. make sure you select the plugin for mozilla/firefox when installing. goto this page to get the latest media plugins
amigohay
I bet that's macromedia flash player. I had experienced also when I first install firefox and I cant view movies like of http://youtube.com But using other browsers will work like IE6. Coz I already installed flash player but I can't view flash movies/animations in firefox... The thing is firefox has different plugin for flash player than any other browsers. so you need to install that plugin for firefox in macromedia site or just follow the links when it says install the plugin etc..
FarZin
yeah he is right............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Yeah wait for Vista and then u havnt got problems or...netscape...Opera and so on.... Wink