FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

This is horrible...

zjosie729
At dinner tonight I just thought of something because my parents were talking about two places in China that just can't settle with something.

I was going to say that peace is impossible between all humans... But then I expanded the thought and I thought that peace is actually impossible between all organisms. For instance, the animals. They fight with their own kind all the time. The plants also fight for sunlight and stuff.

I just thought that this is kind of interesting, there's always war (or at least there's never peace) between species.
SamiTheBerber
Yes, that is truth. I agree with you. Let's just hope that wars would not be so messy and tiny one. It is shame if people destroy each other in wars and it is the end of mankind :S

Peace to each other! Pray
srijit
well its just the continuation of survival of the fittest, isnt it Smile
adiutrix
However, there is one difference between humans and animals, animals kill purely for survival where as humans kill for greed, money, religion, race and emotion.
Snailfox
It's not war, it's merely a way not to become over-populated.
I've also given this careful thought, whether it is possible or not for humans to live in peace. I reached the conclusion that as long as there are more than one opinion on anything, it will not work out.
Nobody likes everyone. This equation times the six billion people on earth will result in war, even though I must agree that war as it is today is extremely cowardly.
Like the war in Iraq; I mean it's Bush's quarrel with whoever it now may be, and he's not there fighting that person IN PERSON, but sends down people to shoot civilians for him just to show who's got the most money, it's just so ironic.
TheFaction
if there ever was peace, there would be no real news. you never see a lot of good feeling stories on the news. its only the bad things that happen in the local,state,country,world level. yeah theres the one story or so just to "even" it out.

but i feel peace can never be achieved. its like saying i wish everyone was like (fill in the blank). if we were all the same life would be boring. so if we were all at peace life would be boring.
the_mariska
Well, maybe it's not as bad as we think. All organisms rival or fight one another but this is just a law of nature. Human beings are (or should be) higher developed, so I do believe that it is possible to reach a compromise between different needs and points of view. War is the simplest solution, but the most primitive one. Hope some day we could aviod them...
Wd_removed
So true.. Peace is an illusion, because somewhere or another there is always fighting.
zjosie729
TheFaction wrote:
if there ever was peace, there would be no real news. you never see a lot of good feeling stories on the news. its only the bad things that happen in the local,state,country,world level.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you. There could be good feeling stories on the news, it's just that mankind somehow didn't do that, and that "tradition" passed on and on.
Soulfire
So long as everyone is stereotypical, and not willing to learn about each other - there cannot be peace.
Vrythramax
Animals don't wage war on each other, they only vie for the best position to insure the survival of the species. As long as a lion is not hungry it couldn't care less if an antelope is hanging around the watering hole, only man will wage war to prove a point or for material gain. In some ways it seems that animals have a better understanding of how to get along with each other than mankind does...you won't see an animal argueing with another animal over how it prays to God.
benjamincblunt
I would actually have to disagree with you. I'm sorry but I do believe that there could be peace amongst all organisms but there would have to be an epiphany and an understanding amongst all.
mike4652
Quote:
only man will wage war to prove a point or for material gain

Actually there are animals that will protect their domain. And some animals will fight for leadership. Mankind is not the only beings that will fight for leadership. And also there are many reasons why people fight wars. Most often it is a fight aginst right and wrong, good and evil.
War is not the best answer but it can be used as a way to solve some issues.
Perfect peace comes from God. Man only tries to fabricate what resembles peace.
Marston
zjosie729 wrote:
At dinner tonight I just thought of something because my parents were talking about two places in China that just can't settle with something.

I was going to say that peace is impossible between all humans... But then I expanded the thought and I thought that peace is actually impossible between all organisms. For instance, the animals. They fight with their own kind all the time. The plants also fight for sunlight and stuff.

I just thought that this is kind of interesting, there's always war (or at least there's never peace) between species.
Wow, you've come to a conclusion that mankind came to centuries ago Razz. Congrats Wink.
Snailfox
TheFaction wrote:
if there ever was peace, there would be no real news.

Peter Cook has done a really good sketch on that one.

"Nobody ever reads that sort of headline - MILLIONS OF PEOPLE SURVIVE THE DAY. They wouldn't write that."
TheFaction
Snailfox wrote:
TheFaction wrote:
if there ever was peace, there would be no real news.

Peter Cook has done a really good sketch on that one.

"Nobody ever reads that sort of headline - MILLIONS OF PEOPLE SURVIVE THE DAY. They wouldn't write that."

the sad thing is that people would read that (if it was ever written) b/c some people just dont have a clue. its almost along the lines of DHMO being bad for you Laughing
Kiliox
adiutrix wrote:
However, there is one difference between humans and animals, animals kill purely for survival where as humans kill for greed, money, religion, race and emotion.

Biologically, humans are classified as the species Homo sapiens (Latin for "wise man"): a bipedal primate of the superfamily Hominoidea, together with the other apes—chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans, and gibbons.

humans are not that different from animals, are just an animal specie with a particular social organization.
Scaramanga
Hell, who cares about people, the UNIVERSE is killing itself. Welcome to the wonderful world of entropy kids. When it comes right downn to it, in the grand-scheme of things, people are fairly insignificant.
Snailfox
http://bell-paese.livejournal.com/11872.html
Monologue about life and death and the wishes of both at the same time.
CamiBor
SamiTheBerber wrote:
Yes, that is truth. I agree with you. Let's just hope that wars would not be so messy and tiny one. It is shame if people destroy each other in wars and it is the end of mankind :S

Peace to each other! Pray
i aree with you! although we can't have paece in all the world, we still need to try and have peace beetwen as many people, organizations, and countryies as we can
saiyeek
[quote="srijit"]well its just the continuation of survival of the fittest, isnt it Smile[/quote]
I like the way he perceive thing. Nice interpretation srijit .
adwya
Well, maybe it's not as bad as i was think
windrei
zjosie729 wrote:

which places in China do you mean ?? the mainland and taiwan ?

ya, peace is always not possible between organisms. but it's our world. Every organism wanna survive with the best conditions, so we competite for the best, and even harm others to get those we want. Humans are much more crazy as we are greedy than any other organisms, and we can make weapons to destroy and to kill those obstacles. The war then comes.

It's quite peace in this century, but i believe war is already coming.
Davidgr1200
Peace seems to be possible between individuals but as soon as we start categorising each other then it gets out of hand. Fred may like Bill and not want to fight him but if Fred is a Palestinain (for example) then he may want to fight a war against Israel even if Bill is an Israeli. We saw this in the recent Balkan wars. People who had been living peacefully as Neighbours for many years suddenly saw their neighbours, not as Bill, but as Serbs or Croats or Muslims. If we could stop categorising others and just see individuals then there would be far fewer wars, but then again, categorising people seems to be a basic human trait (Someone once said: There are two categories of people, those who put people into categories and those who don't).
gugu
haha thats right
[FuN]goku
hmm yeah i spose thats true,,