FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Earth Vs MSN Planet

Wayne1986
well google earth is now prroving to be very sucsessful. So major rivals microsoft are to launch their version called MSN Planet.

which one do you think is going to be the best. I think that google earth will be, as they are adding 3D cities to it already.
cire
I think Google Earth is better because for me it take less time to lead and its really easy to use Smile
Wayne1986
yeah i agree with you 100%. MSN Planet is a web browser type software. Google earth runs from software which makes it well faster.

Google earth say that within 3 years they will have done the whole world 3D, and you will beable to walk through it. MSN Planet aint even talked about making it 3D.
LandShark
microsoft is so stupid. a company does a good job on something, and microsoft has to make some product that will rival it. They want so much money that they dont even make good products any more and most people start to hate them. I think they need to do a good job, and not try to own everything that has to do with the computer, its surprising that they havent made thier "own" internet yet. I just microsoft should sit down and let other companies make good products
Wayne1986
yeah i agree. Instead of making loads of new products. Make their own. they have enough money too. Improve security on windows for starters.
[FuN]goku
i prefer google earth pro Very Happy
Wayne1986
so do i, but its very expensive once your free trial has run out.
[FuN]goku
i meant "PRO" as in the version u pay for,, you can get it free but im not saying where...
Wayne1986
lol i know where to get it free aswell lol. and im not saying either.
pll
Google earth of course. I'm a big fan of google earth but sometimes he can't show all the places...
Wayne1986
yeah, this is because they havent finnished it yet. Its not the final version its only a beta version. I cant wait till the final version is out.
Blaster
Google earth because they are the first and they show 3D buildings.
And also look at the google stocks. It shows google is big. Statistics show that a lot more people go there then any other search engine besides yahoo.
sibbahz
A browser based copy of google earth just wont be as good. Getting the effect of flying down to the earth would need plugins in a browser and slow everything down, and knowing microsoft, require IE.
They are just making a feeble attempt to stop googles growth.
a.Bird
LandShark wrote:
microsoft is so stupid. a company does a good job on something, and microsoft has to make some product that will rival it. They want so much money that they dont even make good products any more and most people start to hate them. I think they need to do a good job, and not try to own everything that has to do with the computer, its surprising that they havent made thier "own" internet yet. I just microsoft should sit down and let other companies make good products

Wayne1986 wrote:
yeah i agree. Instead of making loads of new products. Make their own. they have enough money too. Improve security on windows for starters.

YES! AND YES!!! They need to chill the F out and worry about the bugs in their OS that they have to send out updates for monthly, and often even weekly. I think it's finally slowed down to where I get about one update every few months, and it's always a security patch. You don't download updates for the mac OS. They got it right the first time (for the most part).

So basically, that big M is everywhere now, and their marketing is so strong that they get away with it. We joke about Gates creating a monopoloy but I sincerely believe that is what he is doing, like truly within the depths of my heart.
vinodmishra
Wayne1986 wrote:
yeah, this is because they havent finnished it yet. Its not the final version its only a beta version. I cant wait till the final version is out.

I guess you havent read this. http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/01/google-earth-in-mac-world-pc-too.html

Google earth was released officialy on 10th January. Smile
zonymousbond007
I prefer Google Earth, it's absolutely amazing. It is very fun just to zoom on your house... Wink
edallica
is there that much of a difference between google earth and google maps? google earth still needs to use the web to display the images. fair enogh i dont think the 3d stuff is there. thats not really an essential tool.
snowflake
Google Earth is fun. I haven't zeroed onto my house yet, haha. Running that stuff in a browser would be much slower, definitely.
acamas
Hmm I like google earth accept it has to get better images of small towns like mine XD. Im sure theey will update it. I will also get MSN PLanet but Im not gonna judge yet. Microsoft might do a good job ya never know.
clip
But pretty much sure, there won't be a free version of MSN Planet. Pretty much sure!
goutha
I think that the first arrived person on the market will win the was. In this case it's Google. In addition to that, MSN will be web based. Then the use options will be limited. I'm very happy with Google Earth... The only reason to change it would be a very better resolution with MSN... otherwise... noway!
stiffler
I have Google Earth, but I have not tried MSN's thingy. I've always been a fan of Google's products.
42mart2
I also think that Google Earth will rule...I dont like Microsofts Xbox so I neither like...MSN planet. One thing with Google Earth is that it has NOT good pictures of small cities or unknown terrain! I live in Kritsiansand in Norway...Get a grip on!
But else its a good program ;D
42mart2
stiffler wrote:
I have Google Earth, but I have not tried MSN's thingy. I've always been a fan of Google's products.

Me 2....Just got to confirm it Wink
Don1989
Google Earth ftw! Its cool when you can zooooom in your location, though as posted before, the images arent too pretty Crying or Very sad
I once told my mate that Google Earth uses LIVE images, so he ran outside jumping around shouting "Can you see me!?" "Can you see me!?"
...... Owned Razz

You never know what that old Billy Gates has up his sleeve though! Google beware >.<
mae1strom
Good earth all the way! Although I have not done any research on msn earth, I am simply saying this because i much prefer google over microsoft.
benjamincblunt
Google Earth is definitly gonna be the best of the two duh! I mean MSN is just trying to survive compared to many different things in varies services they offer they remind me of cingular and verizon (although cingular claims to be better it isn't nearly as good as verizon in my opinion).
jeremoi
I really hate that MSN tries to googlize themselves. It is so frustrating, they hven't had an original idea in years!
[FuN]goku
snowflake wrote:
Google Earth is fun. I haven't zeroed onto my house yet, haha. Running that stuff in a browser would be much slower, definitely.
i found where i go sailing for cadets Very Happy but its not in 3D,,, go to the grand canyon its in 3D
Kaisonic
I didn't know what Google Earth was until you posted about it, but now that I checked it out, it seems like it'll blow any Microsoft thing out of the water. Seriously. *goes back to earth.google.com*
jongoldsz
Defineatly Google Earth. It is a good idea and it can be backed up by Linux. While MSN planet can only be backed up by windows.
Soulfire
I'm just a Google kind of guy, so Google Earth comes naturally.
kany
Well GOOGLE Eearth will be my choise becuase if you can compare eaven a dunghill with msn even it will be rated higher from msn. Wink
bloodrider
Never heard of MSN Planet so can't really tell... but google earth is spectacular...
crimson_aria
I rarely use MSN, except for its messenger. So Google Earth!
goutha
I use google earth. There's also Bing and its maps. Is this MSN planet? Or Yahoo something?
Radar
I've never even heard of MSN Planet in any other context than this, and it would be surprising if I do. It's Google. It will slowly and inevitably take over the Internet/world. I say that slightly tongue in cheek.

But seriously, I don't think Microsoft will be producing viable alternatives to Google on any front for a while.
soljarag
ill trust google over microsoft anyday.... i dont know why microsoft tries to compete with google on thisl.. i dont see what they can do better that isn't already on google maps...
nam_siddharth
Does msn planet exist anyway?