FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

It's official - the US gov't wants to control the world

earthchild
In case anybody was in doubt about the US governement plans and strategies for manipulating the masses through media and technology.

there are the facts plain and simple.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4655196.stm

-edit-

This question is for people who have lived outside of USA either for their whole life or for any extended amount of time (atleast 6 months but preferrably more):

Does it seem to you like the United States Government manages to control the U.S. population and tries to control the rest of the world too?

(please if you are not included in the description - do not respond, the question is not meant for you and it would be almost silly for you to answer it.)
phileplanet
I heard somewhere on the news that the government was trying to filter Google searches to show only what was "approved". Thank God Google is not giving into them easily. I've also heard that Yahoo! on the other hand has already given in. Let's hope this doesn't mess up the world too much.
sciondestiny
I guess America will do anything to hide away its crimes. But you guys do know what this means, we will be watched on everythign we do! Whether searching for articles or anythign else. You know I thought it was in the charter of rights that a human being was free in his/her own house. This as I see it will turn into no freedom even in your own house!
CrimsonStrange
Well, I don't think anything that the U.S. gov't or any government does to it's people is really a big surprise, is it?

If you haven't felt at some point that what you said or did or read or heard or researched was being recorded, then you're an extremely trusting soul... and a little naive, to boot.

It's sort of frightening when those who have been labeled "conspiracy theorists" most of their lives turn out to be right, on any level.

Of course, it's nearly impossible to find a reliable, unbiased, non-propaganda source of media/news these days.

After all, confusion and mis-direction is usually the best way to stay 1 step ahead, right? Unfortunately, it seems that with the U.S., the people who should be on top of things are the ones who are the most confused.
horseatingweeds
So.......dose this mean we are running out of post ideas????
Insanity
CrimsonStrange wrote:

It's sort of frightening when those who have been labeled "conspiracy theorists" most of their lives turn out to be right, on any level.

How does that work out?
kripesh
Its simply not possible.
They don't like Iran.
They don't like Syria.
They like Pakistan.
Its strange. Its double standard
They are too arrogant now a days. Even an Ambassador is making nonsense statements. take look at this
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/thscrip/print.pl?file=2006012704151000.htm&date=2006/01/27/&prd=th&
ChrisCh
wow i had no idea that this kind of thing was going on! its rediculous that the US govt thinks they have the right to control the world... their jurestiction is their own country, the united states, not the whole world.

and if anyone from the pentagon is reading this, get a real job.
S3nd K3ys
earthchild wrote:
In case anybody was in doubt about the US governement plans and strategies for manipulating the masses through media and technology.

there are the facts plain and simple.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4655196.stm

Quote:
The authors warn that US networks are very vulnerable to attack by hackers, enemies seeking to disable them, or spies looking for intelligence.

"Networks are growing faster than we can defend them... Attack sophistication is increasing... Number of events is increasing."

Considering how much damage could be done via the network, I see no reason why something should not be done to prepare/prevent such attacks. Kind of like what we do/did with nukes, biochems, planes, guns, and anything else that can be a threat.

In case anybody was in doubt about the level of paranoid dilusion and hatred that the left has undergone since they've lost almost all power in the US Government, these are the facts. Plain and simple.
Soulfire
The government has good intentions, to protect it's citizens, but some things are going less than desireable... and that's a big understatement.
Lord Klorel
Protecting your people is oke, but the idea that something like Big Brother should come... Shocked Shocked Shocked

I hope that all the governments will show the USA that this vision can't happen. It is against privacy rules that this vision should be come real.

I hope that everyone agrees with my opinion.

BIG BROTHER LIFE:NO
maclui
The US knows what is best for its people. Perhaps its government is the most proactive in world history, everything is carefully considered The problem is that they do not care about anyone else.
Soulfire
I think that this has been blown out of proportion.... Wink
memsa
This certainly is a complex world at present. The paraphrasing above is from Nyall Ferguson's "Colossus" which explores the imperial nature of the United States and provides a historical context and tries to avoid particular value judgments. I think Jared Diamond's "Collapse" also provides insights into the fragile nature of our social collectives (howevr large, welathy and powerful).
novisdesign
America needs to stop trying to be the world police and just leave the other countrys alone (iraq). If we were going to fight terrorists, why did we then invade Iraq? I may be biased because i'm Armenian, but still. Get Bush Out!

peace
horseatingweeds
maclui wrote:
The US knows what is best for its people. Perhaps its government is the most proactive in world history, everything is carefully considered The problem is that they do not care about anyone else.

I would have to agree with you with two big hesitations. One, there are many people in the US that insist on helping other peoples and sending money and aid. They see it as our moral obligation as a super power, or as any entity that HAS. Second, the US needs the rest of the world to be in good shape for it’s own good. That is actually a big argument inside the US. The left would have us become isolationists. Sending checks to starving drug addicts while the world overseas burns to the ground.

Then there is the right wing that seems to be interested in the future and feels an obligation to put out the overseas fires. I have had these useless arguments before. I have heard Americans…. claiming that we need to make everything “perfect” here before we attempt to aid another country, this also being an argument against going to war overseas.
gonzo
yes. shame on us for inflicting democracy on the oppressed peoples of the world!!
nam_siddharth
gonzo wrote:
yes. shame on us for inflicting democracy on the oppressed peoples of the world!!

Same on you for looking inside other's house. Arrow
toughtrio
I spose it is becoz of them only that America creates more Hackers and more worms than any other countries do. If the ppl in pentagon can create something to trace a PC, why cant the normal ppl or civilians give it a try. They start everything at the beginning.

I didnot mean to offend anyone. No Hard Feelings.

Warm Regards,
z3nm4n
You should all check out his site (http://www.chomksy.info) if you are concerned about the imperialism of the US. Bush is a war criminal!
S3nd K3ys
maclui wrote:
The problem is that they do not care about anyone else.

That's why we spend billions helping others isn't it? Rolling Eyes
maclui
My point is that the US does things its way only. There are several ways to bring democracy to some countries yet they choose a war. They want to pretect the networks they choose to spy, they even want to fight a war on networks, that is too much.
S3nd K3ys
maclui wrote:
My point is that the US does things its way only. There are several ways to bring democracy to some countries yet they choose a war. They want to pretect the networks they choose to spy, they even want to fight a war on networks, that is too much.

Why is it too much to police/watch the network? If the terrorists are using the networks against us, (which they most definately are) why should we just let them have free reign on it?

That's right, we shouldn't.
Jeslyn
^You just follow everything the government does blindly, don't you?
nam_siddharth
S3nd K3ys wrote:
maclui wrote:
The problem is that they do not care about anyone else.

That's why we spend billions helping others isn't it? Rolling Eyes

You are spending billions to make trillions, not to help others. Twisted Evil
lyndonray
obvviously every country has the right and to and should protect itself from those who mean to do it harm. but one should also be careful not to go too far. because taking away people's civil liberties and spying on them and feeding dillusional propoganda is not healthy for any society. In fact that's how you end up in neo-totalitarian state without even realising it.
nopaniers
It's unreasonable not to expect every country to develop teams to perform information technology warfare. But that's very different from propoganda.

I'm not American, and I don't want to be. There are many different viewpoints and the US government has a pretty extreme one. It worries me when governments start trying to control what we think. They should do that by doing just and respectable actions, not by using psycological warfare.

It also worries me that there was so little critisism of the US government's actions in the leadup to Iraq, and their ability to connect it in American's minds with 9/11, or the connection to AlQaeda and the conviction that Iraq was brimming with WMD. Is this going to become what happens worldwide?
S3nd K3ys
Jeslyn wrote:
^You just follow everything the government does blindly, don't you?

You just argue everything the government does blindly, don't you?

It's funny you brought that up, though. I think you haven't read much of what I've posted here. I've said it a million times, but I'll say it once more for you; Up until the end of the Clinton era, I was a dedicated Democrat.

I started seeing the demise of the Dems early and started edging out. I didn't vote for GW on his first term, only his second. And only because the Dems showed a CLEAR lack of balls, ethics, planning, and just about everything else you need to run a successful campaign/country. AND they treat the public like lemmings. They've got no clue about what to do in the war on terror. (A war that will likely last for decades). EVERYTHING GW has done is wrong in their eyes. And they'll go to (literally) any length to prove it. No matter how bad it makes THEM look, (which it has done often).

I think this admin is doing a good job given the current situation, but I do NOT support them blindly. Go read some of my posts that DON"T pertain to the war and you'll see. (border issue is a good place to start.)
earthchild
This question is for people who have lived outside of USA either for their whole life or for any extended amount of time (atleast 6 months but preferrably more):

Does it seem to you like the United States Government manages to control the U.S. population and tries to control the rest of the world too?

(please if you are not included in the description - do not respond, the question is not meant for you and it would be silly for you to answer it.)
S3nd K3ys
earthchild wrote:

Yep. Sure does. Been like that for longer than I can remember.
nam_siddharth
S3nd K3ys wrote:
earthchild wrote:

Yep. Sure does. Been like that for longer than I can remember.

This question was not for you. Read that question again.
btw, you are behaving like typical americans. lol
ibay
kripesh wrote:
Its simply not possible.
They don't like Iran.
They don't like Syria.
They like Pakistan.
Its strange. Its double standard
They are too arrogant now a days. Even an Ambassador is making nonsense statements. take look at this
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/thscrip/print.pl?file=2006012704151000.htm&date=2006/01/27/&prd=th&

Who says they like pakistan? They like it as long as the present government of Pakistan is at their feet. Many Pakistanis think Americans have secret plans to finish off Pakistan.
OnlyOneLife
Why does the U.S. Gov't Cointinue to violate our rights!
I don't want companies and the government tracking what I do on the internet. It's against the people, I think they lost their sense of real purpose in this world and they lost their sense on what the government should be able to do and should not be able to do... I mean comon... going into Iraq... for what? FOR WHAT? NOTHING. EXACTLY.
windval
it is amazing!!!!

i can not believe it~~

US goverment is very terrible
Arnie
horseatingweeds wrote:
So.......dose this mean we are running out of post ideas????
Haha, owned.

You people are behaving like a bunch of paranoid idiots. The tone of that article in the opening post is pretty suggestive. I wonder if you guys really enjoy living in fear. Sure, that government isn't doing OK in such areas, but it's not going to help you to post nonsense paranoid topics. If you really care look into the stated document itself instead of some opinionated second source. (Whose opinion you're blindly copying.)
riyadh
it's a bit obvious tht bush wants to control the world but some wise people in the US voted for him again. when will they stop being so selfish, it's high time u US people to cut others some slack. u knw tht ur country is the main reason for terrorism. when the bullshit country israel does something, Bush has nothin to say bout it but when a muslim country does something, Bush suddenly gets all twitchy and starts sending troops into the country.
S3nd K3ys
riyadh wrote:
it's a bit obvious tht bush wants to control the world but some wise people in the US voted for him again. when will they stop being so selfish, it's high time u US people to cut others some slack. u knw tht ur country is the main reason for terrorism. when the bullshit country israel does something, Bush has nothin to say bout it but when a muslim country does something, Bush suddenly gets all twitchy and starts sending troops into the country.

It's a bit obvious that many people mistakenly think Bush wants to control the world. When will you stop being so ignorant? It's high time those of you outside the US stop trying to decide how we should think and react. You know damn well that radical Islam has been terrorising non-muslims for many hundreds of years BEFORE the US was even born yet you try to claim it's all the US's fault.

You claim Israel is a bad country and seem to agree that it should be wiped off the face of the earth, (much like what Hitler wanted to do to the Jews) and that the US backs Israel with it's eyes closed. I have yet to see an instance when Israel attacked a country un-provoked or without being threatened first.

Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity can be deadly. Wink
horseatingweeds
yeh, and when they are provoked or threatened they really do a spot on spiffy job of it too.
earthchild
S3nd K3ys wrote:

...When will you stop being so ignorant?...

Did you know that you can only see and criticize in others that which you subconsciously recognize and fear in yourself?

Just thought you might like to know.
horseatingweeds
earthchild wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:

...When will you stop being so ignorant?...

Did you know that you can only see and criticize in others that which you subconsciously recognize and fear in yourself?

Just thought you might like to know.

You said it sister. I hate people that are so good looking you can't stop thinking about them. I think those people really need to watch it!!!! Wink

The really smart and charming ones too!!!! RRRRR
earthchild
'criticize' being the key word

and 'see' having a less superficial meaning in this case.

Dante
The Patriot of defeat (what does that mean, is it a reference to Iraq?) wrote:

Quote:

It's a bit obvious that many people mistakenly think Bush wants to control the world. When will you stop being so ignorant? It's high time those of you outside the US stop trying to decide how we should think and react. You know damn well that radical Islam has been terrorising non-muslims for many hundreds of years BEFORE the US was even born yet you try to claim it's all the US's fault.

You claim Israel is a bad country and seem to agree that it should be wiped off the face of the earth, (much like what Hitler wanted to do to the Jews) and that the US backs Israel with it's eyes closed. I have yet to see an instance when Israel attacked a country un-provoked or without being threatened first.

Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity can be deadly.

This is actually a series of pretty much unconnected statements.

How is the question of Bush wanting to control the world (or not) related to the outside world wanting to regulate the US. These are related issues, but no explanation is given of the Patriot's position.

What has the history of conflicts which Islam has been involved in historically got to do with Bush's control issues?

What has Israel got to do with this?

This might be a response to someone else, but it is not a sustained argument.

To join the dots, it is clear that Bush's regimes wishes to control the world. The BBC article that was quoted in the beginning is based on an American Military policy document.

The thing is every nation wants to control the world, it is what "National Interest" implies. Some operate more persuasively, some more forcefully, but all play a similar game. The US has been persuasive until recently, Bush's regime is forceful and thus encounters more resistance.

The US is suffering a decline in its world position, with the rise of Europe, China, Japan and East Asia, as well as India and South America. Bush's regime is an aggressive response to decline, and is going down as we speak, with the flight from the failure in Iraq beginning in earnest now.

This national interest contradicts the idea of spreading democracy. The Bush regime may hold this as a more or less genuine ideal. However, they have not thought it through properly, if they are indeed genuine in their belief.

The problem is that genuine global democracy would involve limiting the US's power. If they were to submit to some sort of collective global will, based on a collective global democratic process, then they would indeed be championing democracy. This connects to the Patriot's second point. We outside the US wish to limit the US's abuses of its position, in the same way as the US objected to the British King, in order to defend freedom and democracy.

The thing is that your freedoms may contradict the freedoms of another. This is the basis of democracy, so you Patriot, and most of the rest of the right in the US, need to read before you preach.

Islam has no more, or less, conflicts associated with it than any other creed. Many of Islam's major conflicts were with Christians, much of it fought on their land, just like the most recent ones, involving overwhelming death of their people, rather than Christians. So it seems like the Christians are the brutal ones in this case.

Islam has also not overseen much genocide, unlike both Christianity and Buddhism. The current aggresive stance amongst islamist, is an aggressive political response to perceived outside interferance. In other words it has a lot to do with a history of Christian agression, the crusades, the breakup of the Ottoman Empire, the most recent great games for oil etc...

Israel is connected to this since it has been involve in this great game: It has been an American ally in the region. It is resented because of the level of suffering it has inflicted on the Palestinians. The figures of casualties tell a story: Palestinian casualties far outweigh Isreali, and life expectancy amongst Palestinians is far lower than amongst Israelis. You can see it as yet another crusade if you like.

I agree that the response from Arabic speaking publics in the region can be extreme. I do believe that ordinary Israelis have a right to get on with their lives, but that doesn't make me forget the suffering of the Palestinians.

The only point I agree with is that ignorance is bliss, and that certain kinds of stupidty can be deadly, especially for the arabic speakers it is often directed against.
Lennon
I just don't think it'll ever be official.
Other conspiracy theories include Freemasons, Illuminati, Resource control, population control etc.