FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Earth II?

Jack_Hammer
Have you heard that they have found another planet which apparently is simmilar to earth?!, though I don't know much about it.
Soulfire
You mean Mars? Or somewhere else Wink

I heard of a new planet discovery but not too recently, the last "planet" that was discovered was half the size of Pluto, and scientists debate as to whether Pluto is truly a planet anyways, so you can imagine that that really didn't last as a planet long.

Have some sources or anything to read more on?
Jack_Hammer
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/5983_1609792,00430005.htm

Yea it's only 20,000 light years away. (We only need to invent light speed (which is impossible) and live for 20,000 years and we could colonize it!
Jack_Hammer
"A new most Earth-like planet has been discovered by astronomers, which they say represents a breakthrough in the search for extraterrestrial life. It is one planet where life might exist. But to find that out there is the problem of the planet being 120,000 trillion miles away. "
SunburnedCactus
There is also the problem of the surface temperature being -220 degrees Celsius. But other than that it's fine for colonisation I suppose. Laughing
lockwolf
I'll inven't a jet that can travel at light speed and become the evil republican dictator of Earth II while Earth I turns into a Communist Democratic planet
Zuwiki
lockwolf wrote:
I'll inven't a jet that can travel at light speed and become the evil republican dictator of Earth II while Earth I turns into a Communist Democratic planet

Yeah right! I'm gonna be the dictator of Earth I!!! Then, after forcing everyone to enlist in my MASSIVE army and forcing the scientist people to research all the coolest laser guns and bombs I'm gonna BLOW YOUR PLANET UP!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!

Ahem, sorry. I became a five year old again for a couple seconds.

Yeah, I think -220 degree surface temperature might pose a bit of a problem. Probably not as much as the impossibility of travelling at lightspeed, but a problem nevertheless.
windval
if it is real

than we do not need to worry about pollution, global warming...

right

however

i think there is not a planet like earth in the space

because god is fair to everyone

we have to protect our planet

and not just find another planet when ours become a trash
Bondings
windval wrote:
i think there is not a planet like earth in the space

because god is fair to everyone

we have to protect our planet

and not just find another planet when ours become a trash

The chance that there aren't any other planets similar to earth in our galaxy, let alone the universe, is just so small. If every star would have a few planets, that would mean a few trillion of planets in our own galaxy alone.

By the way, that planet is way too far to be considered as a backup planet. If we would be able to travel at 1/10th of the speed of light, it would take us 200.000 years to reach it. It's way too far.
Billwaa
well actually, since every stars we see from Earth's surface is a sun of a solar system. I believe that in those solar systems, there must be a planet like Earth.

Actually, traveling there is not impossible.

My idea is create a connection between the 2 planet. Remember Einstane's formula on how energy convert into lightspeed and matter? or something like that? Once we can speed ourselves up to the speed of light (let's say we are on a space ship), we will be converted into pure energy. With that energy, someone have to shot us (like a laser) toward that planet. Once it reach that planet's surface's the energy will be converted back to matter because the energy is reduced. ( Well, if the energy we convert into is not strong enough, someone can always add more energy to us before shooting us toward the planet.
Bondings
Billwaa wrote:
well actually, since every stars we see from Earth's surface is a sun of a solar system. I believe that in those solar systems, there must be a planet like Earth.

Actually, traveling there is not impossible.

My idea is create a connection between the 2 planet. Remember Einstane's formula on how energy convert into lightspeed and matter? or something like that? Once we can speed ourselves up to the speed of light (let's say we are on a space ship), we will be converted into pure energy. With that energy, someone have to shot us (like a laser) toward that planet. Once it reach that planet's surface's the energy will be converted back to matter because the energy is reduced. ( Well, if the energy we convert into is not strong enough, someone can always add more energy to us before shooting us toward the planet.

Energy doesn't travel faster than light. A laser is a form of light/photons/electromagnetic wave with a maximum speed. Wink
Qwertyip
Suerly if there was light on the planet it would also raise the temperature? ... So all we gotta do is set fire to a planet near-by it lol Smile
soulman
everthing is possible, so it's seems possiblely a same place like ours exist.
JessieF
Pluto isn't a planet. It's simply a huge chunk of ice.
There as been the discovery of a new planet, though. I am not sure if they said it was half the size of pluto or earth, or the size of earth, or whether it can be inhabited. They called in planet X for short of another name. It's been a while since I've read about this, but since how Pluto may not be considered a planet no longer, planet X will be the ninth planet.
Marston
soulman wrote:
everthing is possible, so it's seems possiblely a same place like ours exist.
Rolling Eyes Actually, there's alot of things that are impossible...
samuelhardy
Quote:
Pluto isn't a planet. It's simply a huge chunk of ice

Uh no its actually a planet.

And yes tehy found this new place but its all frozen and un-inhabitable.

But yes they are considering weather its actually a planet or not because, obviously, its too far away and we could have just messed it all up.
littlemog
actually its a dog. Cool
Wayne1986
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Have you heard that they have found another planet which apparently is simmilar to earth?!, though I don't know much about it.

if this was the case, it would be all over the TV, everywhere you look. Because if it was simular to earth then there would be life on it. I dont believe this for one minute. Why now, i mean its took them god knows how many billion years and only just found it.
[FuN]goku
hmm another planet similar to earth eh??? *yawns** well time to hit the ol' dusty trail, LETS GO Very Happy
Wayne1986
and if it was true id emergrate. cuz this earth is rubbish.