FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Upgrading - what to do next?

Josso
As many of you will already know new graphic cards are being designed NOT to support AGP type motherboards and only PCI-E. This is a serious problem for myself personally and lot's of others. I really do want to upgrade but I don't know what's the best option and what to do next.

I could:

1. Get PCI-E type motherboard, and a new ge-force
    2. Re-format, Overclock this Radeon X800 XT, run this PC into the ground and get a new PC late this year.

My spec's roughly are:

7.1 surround sound
X800 XT
2.2 Ghz AMD
Donutey
There are some video cards that are PCI E And AGP, however, I don't believe they were/are very commercially sucessful and may be hard to find....

ATI came out with an AGP version of the X1300 PRO and X1600 PRO which offers a pretty good upgrade.

However if you're going to spend so much money on a new graphics card (200+) then it might be a good idea just to by a refurb PCI E motherboard from newegg or retail Rolling Eyes
Hobbit
I had the same problem.

If you have that motherboard I assume you need to upgrade more than just your video card. I suggest you get a new pc(that's what I did).