FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MP3 Player will not connect

Phil
I was wondering if anyone had some insight to a problem I'm having.
My computer will not connect to my Philips Shoqbox.
I'm running Windows 98se. I can "see" the player as a removable drive in my computer. All the devices and USB drivers appear to be loaded and operating.
But when I go to transfer music with Music Match or try to connect with the players device manager, it just tells me to connect the player.
What's driving me crazy is the fact that I can use the player just fine on my wife's computer. We both have Dell Dimension 4100's.
I've been through the whole deal with Tech Support and the latest and greatest upgrade routines. Everyone's at a lost.
Like I said, it connects through a USB port, and other USB devices work fine.
Any suggestions on what to look for?
Animal
Sounds like it could be a faulty driver - I'd recommend that you remove the current driver then reinstall it.

To do this, connect your player then Right-Click on MY COMPUTER and select PROPERTIES. Then select the HARDWARE tab and select DEVICE MANAGER.

Find your player in the list of connected devices, then right-click it and select UNINSTALL.

When you connect your player again, your computer will either automatically install the drivers, or ask you for a location for the driver files. If it asks for the latter, you'll need to download the drivers from the Philips site.

You could also try connecting it to a different USB port and see if it works - I've had strange problems before where certain devices work in one USB port but not another.

Hope this helps anyway!
Phil
Quote:
To do this, connect your player then Right-Click on MY COMPUTER and select PROPERTIES. Then select the HARDWARE tab and select DEVICE MANAGER.

Find your player in the list of connected devices, then right-click it and select UNINSTALL.

Done That, about a dozen times.