FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My computer restarts?

sacrifier
Well, I'm having a problem. Once in a while my computer automatically restarts if I have internet open or if I'm signed into Msn messenger. Anyone know why this is happening? Some people say its because of verzion DSL. They say its so fast that the computer turns off. Is it true?
clip
Most probably, it's just your computer is lacking resources. What's your RAM's capacity?
cheeta
sacrifier wrote:
Well, I'm having a problem. Once in a while my computer automatically restarts if I have internet open or if I'm signed into Msn messenger. Anyone know why this is happening? Some people say its because of verzion DSL. They say its so fast that the computer turns off. Is it true?

usaul things 1st make sure no virus... then check the Power Supply Unit.. make sure it holds enough juce to power up up system properlly... what OS r u running??
Saber
Well as other people have mentioned that it might be your computer not being able to support it. Your internet connection doesnt have anyhting to do with your computer restarting. My thoughts of the matter could be two things.

The first is that your computer is over heating. I had a firend that his computer would restart if he tried to load a few programs.

The second is also that your computer is just old enough that it cant run te newer software. Also as cheeta said, it could just be that you have a lot of virus/spyware. If it cant catch up to its self then it starts to error and shuts it self off.

if you decide to buy a new computer or just upgrade something, there are many places that you can pick from. If you wish I can supply links to some places that I know are good.
Josso
Maybe it's a virus issue. Windows has a bit of code somewhere that makes sure it restarts without prompting if it has a very serious virus problem. Try un-plugging the network cable, booting, then doing spyware/ad-ware/virus scans.
tanapat
It may be infect virus computer or the windows have a problem this cause by you donot shutdown in right way. To fix this problem you shout be reinstall windows
Kydha
Hmmmmmm it may be a crit error too...

Let me explain by taking an example,

You all remember the disgusting "blue screen" in older versions of windows?

Well Mr. Gates said than in win XP there will be none... effectively, the computers restart once he got a crit error without showing the text!!!

To see so, just have a look in the advanced panel in the system properties. look at the "start up and rescue" parameters.

I know that trick because i had troubles with a software taht made my computer restart automatically. once uncheked this option i got the error message and could think about the source.
z3nm4n
1. Check your event log to see if there is hardware or software malfunctioning.

2. Check your Device Manager if anything is malfunctioning.

3. Check you running programs list to see if there is anything running you dont know about.

4. Check your Startup entries to see what programs are started you don't know about.

If you find nothing:

1. Run checkdisk.

2. Run Virusscanner (I recommend Antivir)

3. Run Spyware removal (I recommend Hitman Pro)

4. Clean your registry (RegClean will do)

5. Reinstall the programs you used when your comp crashed.

If all this fails you probably have unrepairable hardware damage or you need to reinstall windows.