FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm a bit intruiged by the Vista Inspirat

Should I install it?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Big Huge No
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

clip
Well, I think I wanna see that Vista Inspirat on my desktop. But I have a bad feeling that it's gonna crash my system. hmm.......

can you guys give me some suggestions on this? i don't want to reformat my good 'ol system here if everything fails. Confused
Srs2388
well it can crash it...
and it might not you always take a risk when installing software like that
thats up to you to decide whether or not its worth it
I would in matter of fact I have done it and it worked
but now I have a MAC look
clip
did it have some bugs and things like those? I really need to know.

Sorry for asking a lot of questions, but I really hate System Restore so I'm just trying to be sure.
ChrisCh
an alternative to true windows vista is the windows vista skin made for the program called WindowBlinds (available http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/). it will make your windows XP computer look exactly as windows vista would (even the folder transparency if you install the newest windowblinds version). the skin to search for on that website is VistaXP.

hope this provides a helpful alternative to your dilemma.
Srs2388
yeah but then you have to download icon packs and such dont you?
or am I wonrg?
ChrisCh
from my brief use of the skin a while ago, i think the icon files are included in the skin download. if not, im sure there will be a link on their site that will take you to an icon pack download.
yjwong
You don't have to install Windows Vista, just download a Vista Transformation Pack here. It's just transforming the look of your desktop etc., but not the core system.
It is better than WindowsBlinds as recommended by one of the members here, because it has one process less. It styles the GUI better than WindowsBlinds too, as WindowsBlinds may make the appearance of some programs worse.

To run this pack, you need to have you uxtheme.dll patched. Be aware that the transformation pack requires a minimum of 512 MB RAM, a P4 processor and some vRAM.
clip
yjwong wrote:
You don't have to install Windows Vista, just download a Vista Transformation Pack here. It's just transforming the look of your desktop etc., but not the core system.
It is better than WindowsBlinds as recommended by one of the members here, because it has one process less. It styles the GUI better than WindowsBlinds too, as WindowsBlinds may make the appearance of some programs worse.

To run this pack, you need to have you uxtheme.dll patched. Be aware that the transformation pack requires a minimum of 512 MB RAM, a P4 processor and some vRAM.

512 RAM? dammit! I only have 256! Oh well, Thanks for the tips anyway. ^^
Donutey
It's kind of ironic that most people want Windows Vista because it looks better... Of course Microsoft has taken out many of the actual technical advancedments such as WinFS etc, and given us an OS that took way too long to come out. (Just imagine how far behind windows will be when the next release comes our in 2011, compared to Mac OS / Linux w/ KDE or Gnome)