FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

good site to learn php or asp?

kam311
I'm in one of my final classes before my bachelor's degree, but i need to find a website that's good at teaching php or asp. I have to design a web site interface, but it also needs a back-end on an oracle server or something. I figured that short of designing a java applet to call the oracle commands, there'sd be an easier way using php or asp. one problem - i don't know either. Anyone know of any good web site tutorials that actually make sense? thanks.
clip
You could try the tutorials forum here at frihost. We have a lot of PHP/MySQL tutorials here. But if you want to use Oracle, well... hmm... I just don't know anything about that.

[EDIT]
But i think it's the same with SQL right? or am i wrong?
elekis
in english there www.phpnet.net and in french there are www.developpez.com
. and for phpmysql there are phpmysql for dummies, it's not a joke, it's a good book to begin.

a++++
Simulator
I find the "for dummies" books to be the best way to learn it...
kam311
Yeah, the whole "for dummies" thing seems to fit me pretty well. Oracle is fairly straightforward if you can handle SQL. Field and data type restrictions are a little different, and (at least when I use it) it's a command prompt based interface. Takes awhile, but it's a really powerful tool. A guy in my class said asp would take 30 min to learn if i focus. Thanks.