FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[HELP PLEASE]redirecting my domain

gnomme
I have bought (registed) a domain and now how can I point it to my website on frihost?
The company that did the registry ask me for my DNS of the frihost server and I gave them this:
#Nameserver 1: ns1.frih.net
#Nameserver 2: ns2.frih.net

Is that information correct and enouth?

my website is http://sardoal.frih.net

Its urgent, please help me
n0obie4life
If they are going to help you setup your domain, that should be enough. Actually, all you need to know is that.

Then, after your domain is pointed to our nameservers, add them through dirctadmin under the "Domain Administration".

Then if you want, set your domain as the default Wink
gnomme
n0obie4life wrote:

Then, after your domain is pointed to our nameservers, add them through dirctadmin under the "Domain Administration".

Then if you want, set your domain as the default Wink
I dont understand this part! What should I do? go to dirctadmin? Please explain me that
cepher
Yes. And in somehting called domain adminisratrion *it has domain in it* and just add and set the domain Smile
gnomme
cepher wrote:
domain adminisratrion *it has domain in it* and just add and set the domain Smile
all this in the frihost server or the server of the company that I had buyed the domain?
gnomme
Please answer me!! are there any Administrators here??
Animal
In the Frihost server, there is "Domain Administration" - you can either use Domain Pointers to point your domain to your current site, or you can rename your domain from yourdomain.frih.net to your.com

From there, you only then need to change the nameservers on the control panel where you bought your domain name and that should be you ready to go.

Just remember that all changes you make will take a few hours to propagate throughout the internet and other servers.
gnomme
Animal wrote:
In the Frihost server, there is "Domain Administration" - or you can rename your domain from yourdomain.frih.net to your.com

Just remember that all changes you make will take a few hours to propagate throughout the internet and other servers.
it seems that I haven't permissions to do that! does any administrator of frihost may help me, please!
Bondings
I now added it as a domain pointer instead of an additional domain. It should be working fine and show the same contents as your subdomain.
gnomme
thank you very much