FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Winter templates

Alie
A new winter with full of different dayoffs, family evenings... everything is the same as last year... But it's not a problem...
A lot of web sites before winter hollidays have changed their regular themes to themes in winter style. But it's not a problem...
The problem is when we want to change our site style to something, that can suit for cristmas but we can't create anything new by ourselves. What we can do?
Yes! we'll take template from other site, or steal javascript of snowfalls or something like that. I hope you already anderstood my point...
All this templates and javascript copying from one site to another is really stupid as for me. In my opinion if you want to make a real present for your sitemates before hollidays - create something new, instead of entering into your pages old scripts like snowfalls or silly pictures with Santa Clauses it every place!...
If you can't create anything - it will be better to leave your old template.
What do you think? Am I right?
Marston
I have to admit, the falling snowflakes effect has been beaten to death ten times over. I think that maybe adding a bit of "snow" to a graphical header, or some such thing could be ok. I wouldn't necessarily go as far as an entire re-design just for the winter though... Wink No time for that!
sprinqles
Maybe you could use colors that remind you of winter time or search for backgrounds that have winter themes or patterns. Maybe you could also use past pictures of you and your family during witner time. Or maybe just add an icon or a graphic that's got snowflakes and everything that reminds you of winter.

Marston is right, the snowflakes falling down javascript has been used heaps of times. Its actually something that visitors loathe seeing. Smile You are better off with that, trust us. Smile
Slick
are there any templates for the adding of snow to logos etc?

seen it done many a time but never perfected it myslef!
ion.52
I totally agree.
Originality is a total MUST for design.
Getting animated snowflakes looks really bad and immature to be honest.
I hope this topic will influence the point of view of some people.