FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Our Origins

UnderClassman
You all have a theory of where we came from. I have heard a lot of the theories from many different people. But about half of them have a sided story and the other half have the opposite sided story. A good example is the topic, Science vs. Religion. It is a good debate. But I'm not here for that. I want to know why you think this.

So here is your chance to defend the theory you think.

Did we come from a ball of mud? Why? Because the bible says we did? In the Christian bible, there are two creation myths.

Did we come from the ocean? Why do you think that? Just because some scientist who are way old and were operating under primitive knowledge said so? So you haven't proven it to your self yet? So why do you thin we came from the ocean?

Now these aren't just the only theories that are out there. I know of a whole lot more. So state what you believe, and then tell me why you believe it.

I truly think these discussions will not only help us as humans better understand our origins, but it will also help you as an individual to get closer to yourself.

I personally think that Heaven and Hell are created by you, God is the name to which you give your moral characteristic, and our very first ancestor was a single cell. But I do ask myself the questions. Why would a cell divide? It has no brain, it has no reason, it doesn't even have a will. So why would it divide? If it is because it is programmed to divide, what is the coding, and why is that there?

Religion would say that God put that cell there and "told" it to divide. Others would say that we didn't come from a single cell. God put us here. A lot of those people have only a basic knowledge of there religion. Notice how the cause of our existence isn't stated, only that we were put here. But I'm not here to argue religion and science.

I believe that we were all created from a single cell because our body generates cells all the time. From these cells, parts of us are created. I believe that the first cell was the first part of us that evolved, naturally, to fit its surroundings. Every body was white at one point. To prove this, look at the bottom of your feet, and look at the palms of your hands. If you aren't working all the time with your palms and feet towards the sun, they should be white. The cells in your body change to fit your environment. This proves natural adaptation.

As for the where (location), I haven't yet figured that out. It is logical to say that we came from the ocean, but I can't say that with 100% satisfaction. It is logical because everything needs water to survive. What better place to start living than the ocean.

But where did that cell come from? What was it made out of? Why did it grow?

So you've heard my theory, now let's hear yours.
BugBear
uh lets see here i'll quote out of my earth science book Very Happy

Quote:
However, in recent years some scientists have been working on a new hypothesis. This hypothesis is based on the idea that "life" actually began in beds of clay. Not life as we know it, but certain life processes. Namely, the ability of patterns to make copies of themselves. Under certain conditions, patterns in clay molecules can reproduce.

So now scientists are saying it might have been from mud also Wink
Soulfire
The Bible clearly states how we were formed. What more do you need? The words are printed right in front of you, the documentation of our creation. And just because God created the earth in 7 days does not mean 7 twenty-four hour days. The bible says that God does not count time as men do, so one day could've been a million years.

If some way scientists prove that the big bang happened, or that we evolved from single-celled organisms, then I must say that God would be the one who programmed it. He is the mastermind behind it all.

If we evolved from apes, why aren't there still half-ape, half-men still running about? Did the species just decide to evolve and everyone did it at once? That isn't logical, and it doesn't make much sense if you ask me. The theory isn't any more or less plausible than creationism, sometimes you must believe in things you cannot see...

... and therein lies the true meaning of Christianity, believing what you cannot directly see, having faith, trusting God. God does not want to force you, He wants you to follow him by choice, don't reject Him.
BugBear
think how complex some things are......

also you didn't happen to see the monkey that evolved into a human recently have you? Laughing
Marston

Darwin is right. Everyone else is wrong.
Vrythramax
Soulfire wrote:
The Bible clearly states how we were formed. What more do you need? The words are printed right in front of you, the documentation of our creation. And just because God created the earth in 7 days does not mean 7 twenty-four hour days. The bible says that God does not count time as men do, so one day could've been a million years.

If some way scientists prove that the big bang happened, or that we evolved from single-celled organisms, then I must say that God would be the one who programmed it. He is the mastermind behind it all.

If we evolved from apes, why aren't there still half-ape, half-men still running about? Did the species just decide to evolve and everyone did it at once? That isn't logical, and it doesn't make much sense if you ask me. The theory isn't any more or less plausible than creationism, sometimes you must believe in things you cannot see...

... and therein lies the true meaning of Christianity, believing what you cannot directly see, having faith, trusting God. God does not want to force you, He wants you to follow him by choice, don't reject Him.

Very interesting point Soulfire, as was pointed out in a similar thread not long ago, the idea of us evolving from apes doesn't really mean that we were once apes or that there should be half-man, half-apes running around, only that we shared a common ancestor. You also seem very quick to call God a "Him"....how do you know this to be true? As far as I can remember the Bible doesn't decree God to be of any particular sex...only that we (humans) were created in "His" image. Could that phrase be "Artistic License" by the person or persons who actually wrote the bible itself? Please do not get me wrong, I am not casting any dispersions on your beliefs, quite the contrary, they are my beliefs as well. I believe we were put here for a purpose and it wasn't to wage war or kill each other just because we may pray differantly or worship God differantly than our nieghbor.

Faith in God is unflinching and suffers no doubts. Even if you (not you in particular Soulfire) do not belive in God, God believes in you.

I digress from the subject of the thread...I believe in creationism and all that entails. I also believe that all the science in the world has been put here as a test of mankinds faith in a God that is untangable.

I can't see air, but I have total faith that it is there. I'm with you Soulfire.
jongoldsz
You can't beat Darwin, but you can beat part of the cell theory.
Part of the cell theory: Cells can only be created from existing cells.
Question: What made the first cell?
dysturbedstatic
Darwin's Theory of Evolution - The Premise
Darwin's Theory of Evolution is the widely held notion that all life is related and has descended from a common ancestor: the birds and the bananas, the fishes and the flowers -- all related. Darwin's general theory presumes the development of life from non-life and stresses a purely naturalistic (undirected) "descent with modification". That is, complex creatures evolve from more simplistic ancestors naturally over time. In a nutshell, as random genetic mutations occur within an organism's genetic code, the beneficial mutations are preserved because they aid survival -- a process known as "natural selection." These beneficial mutations are passed on to the next generation. Over time, beneficial mutations accumulate and the result is an entirely different organism (not just a variation of the original, but an entirely different creature).

Darwin's Theory of Evolution - Natural Selection
While Darwin's Theory of Evolution is a relatively young archetype, the evolutionary worldview itself is as old as antiquity. Ancient Greek philosophers such as Anaximander postulated the development of life from non-life and the evolutionary descent of man from animal. Charles Darwin simply brought something new to the old philosophy -- a plausible mechanism called "natural selection." Natural selection acts to preserve and accumulate minor advantageous genetic mutations. Suppose a member of a species developed a functional advantage (it grew wings and learned to fly). Its offspring would inherit that advantage and pass it on to their offspring. The inferior (disadvantaged) members of the same species would gradually die out, leaving only the superior (advantaged) members of the species. Natural selection is the preservation of a functional advantage that enables a species to compete better in the wild. Natural selection is the naturalistic equivalent to domestic breeding. Over the centuries, human breeders have produced dramatic changes in domestic animal populations by selecting individuals to breed. Breeders eliminate undesirable traits gradually over time. Similarly, natural selection eliminates inferior species gradually over time.

hes right your wrong, go evolve in some corner while you cry into you fantasy book.
a.Bird
Okay here's one of my ideas. Don't think too hard for this one or it will go right over your head. There was never the beginning of the universe because it is and always has been the universe. In this sense, we are not looking at intelligent design, or the big bang, or any initiation of existence, because it has always existed. This is why I also believe that our idea of time is irrelevant to anything important in the world. Planets like Earth have existed here and far away, infinitly deep into the past and will infinitely deep into the future.

I think that looking for the answer to the beginning of the universe is discrediting the idea that maybe there never has been one. Maybe "time" is only a complex that we have created in our heads to compensate for our ability to consciously remember a vast amount of things, and for our logic to predict a vast amount of events.

I think time only exists in our heads, and the idea of the beginning of the universe only exists in our heads, because for some it is impossible to comprehend the universe with these.
Soulfire
Vrythramax wrote:
Soulfire wrote:

Very interesting point Soulfire, as was pointed out in a similar thread not long ago, the idea of us evolving from apes doesn't really mean that we were once apes or that there should be half-man, half-apes running around, only that we shared a common ancestor. You also seem very quick to call God a "Him"....how do you know this to be true? As far as I can remember the Bible doesn't decree God to be of any particular sex...only that we (humans) were created in "His" image. Could that phrase be "Artistic License" by the person or persons who actually wrote the bible itself? Please do not get me wrong, I am not casting any dispersions on your beliefs, quite the contrary, they are my beliefs as well. I believe we were put here for a purpose and it wasn't to wage war or kill each other just because we may pray differantly or worship God differantly than our nieghbor.

Faith in God is unflinching and suffers no doubts. Even if you (not you in particular Soulfire) do not belive in God, God believes in you.

I digress from the subject of the thread...I believe in creationism and all that entails. I also believe that all the science in the world has been put here as a test of mankinds faith in a God that is untangable.

I can't see air, but I have total faith that it is there. I'm with you Soulfire.

We call God father, do we not? Did Jesus not refer to Him as His Father? Jesus prayed to His Father, and last I knew, that made a person a guy. Every prayer is to the Heavenly Father.

And Darwin's theory is just trying to make sense out of the observations he made, all theories are, and the problem is sometimes we weren't meant to comprehend things happening, we weren't meant to understand how we got here. Pretty soon we will be too smart for our own good.
scottmacgillivary
I believe we were governed by an alien race of prehistoric giant daffodils.
No wait I'm serious, we were genetically engineered by The Great Daffodil, as slaves to weed the earth and tend to there every vegetation need. But soon we chose to free our selves, one man and one woman who had the power of all things animal developed a fruit drink so powerful it could conquer these evil flowers. The man was William Shatner and the woman was the girl who played Lilith on cheers. That fruit drink was the infamouse Mike Hard Orange Lemonadenow known as the legendary Agent Orange. KKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!
JonesThe42nd
The way I see it, the problem most people have with believing the 7-day creation story is that they have a hard time believing in miracles. I look forward to the End of the World, when the evidence will be right there, in front of everyone, irrefutable. I dare you to scream evolution after the waters become blood.

All I'm trying to say is, reconciling Darwin and God is nonsense. It shouldn't matter how he did it, we're told that he did it, how long it took, and the rest.

By the way, the closest God has to a gender is male, because He created man in His image.
a.Bird
JonesThe42nd wrote:
I look forward to the End of the World, when the evidence will be right there, in front of everyone, irrefutable. I dare you to scream evolution after the waters become blood.

That's a very bold prediction to have, and one you are certainly entitled to because no one governs your mind to control how you think. Yet your patronizing attitude is not only lacking of any persuasion, but is actually drawing me away from valuing any ideas you have.

JonesThe42nd wrote:
All I'm trying to say is, reconciling Darwin and God is nonsense. It shouldn't matter how he did it, we're told that he did it, how long it took, and the rest.

"We're told that he did it"... in a book that has no strong evidence supporting its claims. The bible is just as righteous as a paperback copy of Little Red Riding Hood. Just some things to keep in mind when you go about the internet touting your beliefs as undeniable truths.
magnaniteck
native amircans thought a woman landed on a turtle and land grew an her feet then she died ,fell and made aisa