FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Counter-Strike Source

Magix
This game is the #1 online shooter. Does anyone here like the game or even play it at all? If you do play it tell me what you like and don't like about it. Also what servers/maps do you mostly play at?
Thug
Hey there, yea i play Counterstrike Source. I think its hella dope and way better then the old 1. I dont like shitty gfx but i want smooth criminal typ of games lol Rolling Eyes Anyway i havnt played this game in months but i heard Militia was now availeble for Source and my steam has just finished updating so im gonna try that map right now! Very Happy
nOScott
I started cs in 1.5 , then went 1.6 - cz and finally source. I like source, but now i dont like cs much at all now that bf2 is out.
Timonator
I have counterstrike source i like the maps dust,dust2 and office the most .
cire
I play CS since 1.3 Smile im cal-m,my favorite maps are: inferno, dust2, dust, fy_iceworld Very Happy and some surf maps. ive played a lil bit of CZ and CSS but both cant beat CS 1.6 Smile
dcshoes23
I play Counter Stike: Source, it's really adictive, i didn't really play untill all my buddy's at school started playing inbetween classes, my favourite map is fy_iceworld and de_dust

Thanks
dpkteam
Yes it is 1 schooter.
Go all play for my server dpkteam.no-ip.org
I love this game Rolling Eyes
lockwolf
I disagree that CS:S is better than CS 1.6 but I really can't say anything cuz I haven't played Source. I have the original CS mod (I dont know what version) laying around my house somewhere on CD.
root
CS:S is terrible. It is a piece of shit. If you want cs, play 1.6. If you are used to 1.6, when playing source it will feel like you are walking in sand. The maps are elongated. There is random shit in the game (they focused too much on game physics rather than gameplay). For example, you can shoot a can and it will fly...big deal..waste of processor cycles. The players also run like hunchbacks. 1.6 > source anyday

Also, source is way to easy because all the noobs play it.
LukeakaDanish
I play CS: Source quite a lot...

I used to think it sucked compared to the old CS games, but its really a case of getting used to it...It does seem slow and the weapons react differently to what they reated like in the older games...but if you have a new computer which will run the graphics root talks about easily (like mine Very Happy) you will find it very enjoyable to run around shooting random other people Razz...thats almost guaranteed...

My favourite maps are:

de_dust
cs_office
aim_ag_texture

The last one is quite an "alternative" map, but i really like it...

Definately a good game!

Regards

Luke
Natrualkiller
this game is good and addicting hard as anything though because of all the experience players
XxGunner
I play counter strike source too, its a pretty cool game but i kinda like americas army better since its kinda more slow paced and realistic and i just love the realism in americas army but i also love the speed of the rounds in counter strike source...very fast rounds for fast game play
notaznatall
root wrote:
CS:S is terrible. It is a piece of ****. If you want cs, play 1.6. If you are used to 1.6, when playing source it will feel like you are walking in sand. The maps are elongated. There is random **** in the game (they focused too much on game physics rather than gameplay). For example, you can shoot a can and it will fly...big deal..waste of processor cycles. The players also run like hunchbacks. 1.6 > source anyday

Also, source is way to easy because all the noobs play it.
I AGREE SO FULLY!! SOURCES hitboxes are so easy so u get HS!! more often than u hit the left arm unlike cs 1.6 where you have to AIM.
root
notaznatall wrote:
I AGREE SO FULLY!! SOURCES hitboxes are so easy so u get HS!! more often than u hit the left arm unlike cs 1.6 where you have to AIM.

THANK YOU for mentioning the hit boxes. Hmm in source, i can shoot at thier feet and get a headshot, wtf is this game. Source = noob game
LukeakaDanish
root wrote:
notaznatall wrote:

THANK YOU for mentioning the hit boxes. Hmm in source, i can shoot at thier feet and get a headshot, wtf is this game. Source = noob game

Although im not saying source hitboxes are good, this really shouldnt happen unless your spraying and your aim has gone rather massive...

On another note, valve should really fix this...shurely, if they could do it in 1.6, they can do it in source?

Apparently there is a usermade fix for the bad hitboxes...(i might be wrong)

Luke