FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the best way to learn?

sciondestiny
Hey guys,

I was wondering what teh best way to learn Adobe Photoshop CS2 version 9.0 would be. Should I just go ahead and play around or maybe find soem tutorials. The problem with tutorials though is that any I find on the internet they were not made for newbies, I have never used Adobe CS2 before so I need to know the basics first like what everything does.

There are though some tutorials on the cd or installation files like inisde the program itself, such as help files and how do to basic thing. Should I do those first and then go ahead and use other tutorials?

Your ideas on how to learn Adobe CS2 please I will appreciate it!!!
mschnell
In high school we studied photoshop by working through whole books of tutorials. I think that they were very helpful. Perhaps you could find similar books for the new photoshop.
mckenneth
hhmp.. its all up to you... I mean, I learned Photoshop both by my self and from turorial I read from some gud "mambo tutorial sites.... Goodtutorial.com is pretty cool.. you might wana go visit it sumtimes!...
midimine
Sometimes it is easy to do a search on the website form the company.
I did it for you link: http://studio.adobe.com/us/search/sort?sort=date&product=15&topic=0&type=all&level=all&x=6&y=3 and just follow the other links to the topcis. You will find donw the page several pages about photoshop. Cool

Or you can think about buying a Book on the web Laughing or finding an e-book Twisted Evil

Kind regards
root
Dark-Tech
itsreally allabout what kinda learner you are i myself taught my self 85% of what i know about computers, different software, hardware etc... this is easy for me i just screwwithit and when it breaks or does something wrong i have to figure out how to fix it with things like photoshop i'd just click on everything and see what happens and try again maybe cahnging something if theres an error but thats just me you probly should just get tutorials and change the name of the topic to What is the best way to learn photoshop ? your topic title seems to general
andrewwallis
The best way i have found is to just have a play with it. I like this new version it is very user friendly and I have been able to do some VERY funky things with it in a very short space of time, I have just finished my first web site with it and think it looks great. When it slices the graphics for the web it optimizes them very well and the pages load almost as fast as a site made in Dreamweaver with few graphics. This is great software and think that the only way to work it out is to play. If you want to get into the more advanced stuff go get a book?
photon
just start using it rightaway without thinking much about it. photoshop is getting easier to learn and you have a lot of free resources online that can pretty much teach you everythin that you will find in a book.
Kydha
hmmmm you can start searching for "HOWTO" on the kinf of effect you'd like to have.... doing that you'll have precise idea and you'll experiment a lot.....

you'll have more experience and more knowledge about the tools and you'll have a general view of PS.

That's how i did and it's kinda a good way to learn (i don't like to read loads of pages to to nothing particular!! :p)

example of the "howto" i was talking about: here
virtualpointer
My opinion is sticking on the one you think the easiest, practising while reading. After that, looking up the other tutorials or books to find out the differences to study further.

No matter what way you start, practising is most important. Keep trying, looking up the tutorials or books while you meet some problems. You know, sometime, you can do things quite well before you don't understand all of it, I mean, every software or tool has something quite curious, you can use it without knowing those things.
driftingfe3s
I got myself the Toatal Training for Adobe Photoshop CS2. I think its a pretty good video tutorial. I have some books as well, but I haven't had time to look thurough them yet. But getting books I think are cheaper, expecially if you can check them out at the library. Either way tutorials are the way to go.
WebSiteGuru
Kydha wrote:
hmmmm you can start searching for "HOWTO" on the kinf of effect you'd like to have.... doing that you'll have precise idea and you'll experiment a lot.....

you'll have more experience and more knowledge about the tools and you'll have a general view of PS.

That's how i did and it's kinda a good way to learn (i don't like to read loads of pages to to nothing particular!! :p)

example of the "howto" i was talking about: here

These are some nice tutorials.
Shin
I don't know about you guys, but I tends to pick up some photography magazines, and usually they have useful tips (and tutorials as well) that you can easily learn some useful things there. All this tips or tutorials are in step-by-step form, so it is very easy to follow. Little by little your knowledge built up.
Best thing about the magazine is you can flip it through before buying them! Smile I know you would probably say this is the same for fliping books in the bookstore. but the difference is it's not that self contained, it's usually has lots of references to different chapters. Hence you have to read a lot before you can begin to put it into practice. Whereas the short tutorials of magazine usually makes remembering them easier.
I must emphasis that this works for me. hope it does for you too!
amigohay
The tutorials available on the software or the manual is a good start to learn but as with my experience, it's best and fastest way to learn through searching or google tutorials. But if you jsut new to the app, just explore and get familiar with the interface and tools in photoshop. You don't have to read the manual sentence by sentence. If there are some tools you have no idea what it is for, just search for that tool in the manual and it will eplain everything...
mj_loc_nl
sciondestiny wrote:
Hey guys,

I was wondering what teh best way to learn Adobe Photoshop CS2 version 9.0 would be. Should I just go ahead and play around or maybe find soem tutorials. The problem with tutorials though is that any I find on the internet they were not made for newbies, I have never used Adobe CS2 before so I need to know the basics first like what everything does.

There are though some tutorials on the cd or installation files like inisde the program itself, such as help files and how do to basic thing. Should I do those first and then go ahead and use other tutorials?

I would suggest learning by working with it. Meanwhile read as much as online tutorials and manuals as you can. Every time you found a way of doing things read up on other ways to do this job. There are so many ways of getting something done in Photoshop.

I learned by doing and reading. There are excellent websites out there where you can find all kinds of tutorials for free. What you can do is buy a book but in my opinion you will be able to find everything you want to know online and free.
grantmaster
<quote>I have just finished my first web site with it and think it looks great. When it slices the graphics for the web it optimizes them very well </quote>THIS. Uses tables for layout and that is being deprecated (deleted) from web site design. Sorry...
Enderwiggin
Photoshop aint hard at all to use, just play around with it, a 2 year old can figure it out with practice... Its really not hard, it may look overwhelming at first, but just play around, Razz
ShatteredGlass
If you can, get a hold of some of the Lynda.com either book or video training. I know that some pirated versions are available on torrent sites, but I really feel that those give you the best feel for the programs, no matter what skill level you are. You can also go at your own pace, which is great.
Pikokola
Hey, just use it, and read the tutorial if you didn't know how to do something, you know, experience is the best teacher.

Just try to use all of the tool and see what did they do, same as me, believe it or not, I'm not even know that the diskette icon in the MS word is named "save" until 2 month using it Very Happy, that's when my friend asked me, where is the save button... I just answer, what is save button? (Darn it, i look like an Idiot, but I know it better. ^^)
osuchin
Purchase Total Training for Adobe Photoshop. You will surely learn from training of Total Training.
speeDemon
Ok, you want tutorials for learning CS2 9.0 ?? well, my suggetion will always be that you learn from the older versions first.... they are easier, maybe of lower standards, but they do help in learning... ! I started with Flash 4, now i am on 8, ans I am sure that if i would'nt have started with 4 then i would be hanging between graphics, actionscript, and tooooools!!

But because I started at the right level (for a newbie), today I have made a site on tutorials for learning Flash from its a -A - z - Z!

So, just take up an older version and then shift... You will find it very easy to shift... beacuse everything will be the same, and there will be some additions..... which you can learn with time....

So keep rocking dude!
And in case u want to learn flash, my website may give some goood tuts.! pls check out me web site and reply at the forum at frihost: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-96039.html

Cheers!
GilaDesign
its very easy
you just need to read guides in the internet
here
take =P
http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/Photoshop-blog/2007/07/22/the-best-80-photoshop-text-effects-on-the-web/
thats good for logo's
but you can find in other web sites
good luck Very Happy
here one of my own Very Happy
brokenadvice
You could also try going to your local library and picking up a photoshop for dummies book. It may be a few versions old, but most information will carry over.
thetinyclam
If you don't have an art background, there is only so much you can learn from books and tutorials. Sure you can find websites that shows you how to do certain effects and manipulation, but if you really want to learn Photoshop, I suggest you take a class. My girlfriend is an Art major, and I've been using Photoshop for 6 years. She to a class on media design and after one quarter, she was way better than I was. I suppose her art background allowed her to learn at a faster pace, but for normal people, forget the books and tutorials, take a class if you really want to learn.
psycosquirrel
sciondestiny wrote:
Hey guys,

If you study tutorials, you will learn generic styles and have similar works to everyone else.

If you take more time, experiment, and figure things out on your own, you will establish a unique style.

Both are good options, it is a matter of preference. I taught myself.
Kerschi
There are a lot of Pages to learn Photoshop try the following or google for yourselve

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/
http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials/cs2-photoshop-9.html
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/Adobe_Photoshop_Resources.htm
guanzz
come here,it is a good place for study