FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much will you pay for this? Pic Inside

xorcist
How Much would you pay for this Santa Dollar? I bought it from some store for a fund raiser for some orginzation helping people. Picture at bottom.

Ya you can use it it's a real dollar.
jongoldsz
I wouldn't pay a cent for that Santa dollar, but I would still donate to the fund raiser.
JonesThe42nd
I've heard about those, but I figured they were just a myth. Your picture is kind of fuzzy, though. What is the year on it?
I don't pretend to be a collector, or even very knowledgable, about currency, but even as a novelty, I think that's pretty awesome.
Scotty Too Hotty
hey thats pretty cool

i have no idea waht it would even be close to be worth but as mentioned before the novelty is wiccid,
izcool
According to this page, you can peel off the Santa from the dollar and George will appear.
lockwolf
I think I may pick up one of those and go show it to everyone at my school, they will be all "ZOMFG! SANTA ON A DOLLAR! YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING! YOU CAN'T SPEND THAT POS" then I'll walk over to a soda machine and buy a soda.
xorcist
^lmao I would do that to but I wanna find some person that would pay alot or is a collector. I think the year of the dollar is 2005 its a new dollar and everything but its just they have that santa thing in the middle.
kany
Well first of all i really need to know what a Santa Dollar is ? After that i might be able to estimate the price i would pay for it. Wink
ahmad
santa dollar ?
where was that printed ?
Stinger
i would pay...........nothing because british and i have no use of old american dollers
Ray Gravin
wow dude that says alot about our culture doesnt it ... santa on the doller bill lol .... does anyone else think that santa is a bit scary? he breaks into your house every year if your good and leaves presents. Has elves work for him all year to make enough presents for the entire world. I mean do they even have a union? magic dear? come on thats just wierd : ) and then theres the reality of it all. The fact that as a culture we still hold on to this idea and lie to our children about it generation after generation. It bothers me a little atleast : )
bdoneck
i wouldnt pay for it i already have one...somewhere...lol i dont know where but its here somewhere
NG
isnt tht just a mith or summit i got told it was maybe im wrong is it jus a mith and this picture has been made right?
Garg
I would pay one dollar !
TeK
jongoldsz wrote:
I wouldn't pay a cent for that Santa dollar, but I would still donate to the fund raiser.
Pretty much the same thing for me.
LandShark
I really dont think these are real. . .Thats a pretty fuzzy picture and i could photoshop this into a picture, the hardest part would be getting a decent santa picture. . . Anyways, i think its fake, and i wouldnt pay anything for it
CrimsonStrange
Yeah, it's just a sticker stuck on a regular $1 bill.

But I've seen places selling them around Christmastime for as much as $10 a piece, and believe it or not, people pay it, man.

They sell on eBay, too.

http://www.santadollars.com/partner/partner.htm

They come out every year, like clockwork.
For whatever ridiculous reason, a lotta people think they're gonna be worth a fortune someday. Rolling Eyes If you keep one long enough, the sticker will begin to roll up or the adhesive will dry up, like paper tape does.
nOScott
I wouldnt buy it since most people would think it is fake :p
xorcist
LandShark wrote:
I really dont think these are real. . .Thats a pretty fuzzy picture and i could photoshop this into a picture, the hardest part would be getting a decent santa picture. . . Anyways, i think its fake, and i wouldnt pay anything for it

Nope its not fake its real.You can go and use it but its jus ta sticker over it like eveyrone was saying. The only reason I bought it was to give to my little brother for Christmas and say look I paid a whole alot of money for t his and then never buy him anything.
Omax
I would pay 10$

I love Santa! I love christmas Razz
naz
Omax wrote:
I would pay 10$

I love Santa! I love christmas Razz

It's a nice Idea but how can you spend so much money on some 'piece of paper' and furthermore can't i understand the whole hype people do around christmas. it comes every year and people think they should be nice to each other instead of being ALWAYS nice to each other. So fo me this is just a 'simple' dollar not worth more then 100 Cents.

my 2 cents... (98 to go to buy one Smile )
NuniPio
izcool wrote:
According to this page, you can peel off the Santa from the dollar and George will appear.

i would pay $1 if thats tru
Kovalchuk17
Do they have a Moses dollar bill? Or like Sports team or player dollar bills. Because that is where you can make a mad amount of money
stiffler
izcool wrote:

Yeah that is true, I actually have 2 of these dollars, I got them about 10 years ago, and I still have them lol.
Jack_Hammer
CrimsonStrange wrote:
Yeah, it's just a sticker stuck on a regular $1 bill.

But I've seen places selling them around Christmastime for as much as $10 a piece, and believe it or not, people pay it, man.

They sell on eBay, too.

http://www.santadollars.com/partner/partner.htm

They come out every year, like clockwork.
For whatever ridiculous reason, a lotta people think they're gonna be worth a fortune someday. Rolling Eyes If you keep one long enough, the sticker will begin to roll up or the adhesive will dry up, like paper tape does.

Do most people not read all the posts above you can see posts saying things completely wrong as if they had botherd to read a couple fo posts they would of read it was a sticker, not an old collectable dollar bill. Stupid people.
JonesThe42nd
My firest reaction to this was somewhat surprised, until i heard the year. My interest in this is based on an article i read some time ago that talked about the early years of US currency, when banks printed they're own money based on federal stamps. Some of these banks printed money (most resources where i've found this claim it's a $3 bill) with jolly ole' saint nick on it. If you find one of those, circa 19th century, let me know, i'll buy it from you Very Happy
nilsmo
Hmm... I would probably pay $1.50 for it. 50 cents to impress someone for 10 seconds. Smile
goutha
I'm offering you 10$ for this bill. If you're interested just PM me.
pll
I will never pay much 2$ for this...
But its really cool Wink
speedlikecy
really cool....
but i dont know how much
althalus
Why would one pay money for money..? I mean, sure it'd probably be swell having Santa on a bill ( Rolling Eyes ) but what'd be the use? Since you'd have to peel santa off to be able to spend it - what would the purpose be otherwise (unless for charity of course, but still!!)..

And accordig to the link izcool posted, the "dollar" costs $4,99 ... What a rip.. Razz
Jeslyn
How much would pay for a Santa dollar?

I believe a dollar. Wink