FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


My theory





PuNGS
I made up a mathematic theory that every number is equal to zero... Look:

2^0 = 1
2^0/1 = 1
2 = 1^1/0, but a fraction can't have a null denominator, so:
2 = 0

You can try this for any number.

Well, this is just a challenge. Can anyone find where is the error in my calcs?
eepman
D00d, you can never divide by 0 ever, the only person who can is Chuck Norris, but he doesn't believe in math.
Very Happy Very Happy
LandShark
actually as good as that sounds, everything cant equal 0. When theres a problem that you cant do something, its not just like hey i cant do that, so it must equal 0, thers different errors that apply to different things. So as much as you hoped, its just a complete wrong theorm, which actually hasnt even made it to the conjunction stage yet(yah i know too much math). So the error in your math is that you made a syntax error. Good try though =)
johnisenglish
Sadly, your third step is just rubbish, and dosen't mean anything.

Just remember:

(sin^2(x)+cos^2(x))+ln(e) = series (1/2^n) from 0 to infinity
SNES350
PuNGS wrote:
I made up a mathematic theory that every number is equal to zero... Look:

2^0 = 1
2^0/1 = 1
2 = 1^1/0, but a fraction can't have a null denominator, so:
2 = 0

You can try this for any number.

Well, this is just a challenge. Can anyone find where is the error in my calcs?

If a number does not exist then it is not automatically zero, it is an imaginary number.
drunkfun
chuck norris invented all mathematical laws by round house kicking all the ancient philosophers. when they went to the hospital to get treatment, they noticed the cuts on their faces were mathematical formulas such as Pythagoras, Bernoulli and Euler's equations.
PuNGS
Actually, the error is in the 3rd step:

what I did to make 2^0/1 = 1 -> 2 = 1^1/0
was: (2^0/1)^1/0 = (1)^1/0

A number can't be divided by 0, so this is incorrect.

I knew where the error was, I made this just for some fun... Cool
darknez3
You made something just for points...
JonesThe42nd
This actually reminds me of a similar series of equations. The outcome is false, but it's fun to look at and wonder why it's false:

a=b=1
a=ab
a-b=ab-b
(a+b)(a-b)=b(a-b)
a+b=b
1+1=1
2=1
a.Bird
darknez3 wrote:
You made something just for points...


And you responded just for points. What is your POINT?
PuNGS
darknez3 wrote:
You made something just for points...


Didn't you post this for points?
NobodiesHero
JonesThe42nd wrote:
This actually reminds me of a similar series of equations. The outcome is false, but it's fun to look at and wonder why it's false:

a=b=1
a=ab
a-b=ab-b
(a+b)(a-b)=b(a-b)
a+b=b
1+1=1
2=1



To prove this is wrong is simple.
You can't divide by (a-b) because if a=b then a-b=0. And what do we know about dividing by 0? It is impossible.
Still a nice one for testing logical thinking. Smile
Soulfire
Well, using the reflexive property I learned in Geometry, I can deduce that for any real number a, a=a. That's the theory. As stupid as it sounds, and as much as it should be taken for common sense, it's a theory. I should've thought of that!

For example:

2=2
10=10
3.498=3.498
theo
something wrong huh!
try to proofread it again
nice try!
madsencarl
Everyone knows that the only good mathematics has done us is prove that girls are evil. Want proof? I'll show you.

First, we must show that girls require time, money:
girls = time x money

And, as we all know, time is money:
girls = money x money
girls = money^2

And money is the root of all evil:
money = rt(evil)

Therefore:
girls = rt(evil)^2

So...
girls = evil
Stinger
i got one simple sum for you

Men = m Girls = g
m+3g=Smile
m+1g=Sad
m-1g=m+m=Smile
LandShark
its just a random theory thats completely wrong, so i dont really get what there is to show about it. Its easy to see he made a mistake, but whatever, nice try. Anyways maybe you can make a theory that will actually work =)
PuNGS
LandShark wrote:
its just a random theory thats completely wrong, so i dont really get what there is to show about it. Its easy to see he made a mistake, but whatever, nice try. Anyways maybe you can make a theory that will actually work =)


I know it's wrong. As I said it was a challenge for you find where the mistake is.
iridios
Try this one on for size: 0 = 1! Yes folks you can even prove this at home.

People always say dividing by 0 is impossible, but it's not.

Take 5 cakes and leave them on the table and everyone leaves the room. How many cakes are there? Five.

5 cakes divided by 0 people leave 5 cakes.

5 / 0 = 5

5 cakes divided among 1 person is still 5 cakes

5 / 1 = 5

Thus 5/0=5/1
Thus 0 = 1!
mstreet
Oh my this topic is well beyond me. I never thought I'd actually see a forum with math theories and calculations and stuff.
Keep it up, I might actually learn something.
SunburnedCactus
iridios wrote:
Try this one on for size: 0 = 1! Yes folks you can even prove this at home.

People always say dividing by 0 is impossible, but it's not.

Take 5 cakes and leave them on the table and everyone leaves the room. How many cakes are there? Five.

5 cakes divided by 0 people leave 5 cakes.

5 / 0 = 5

5 cakes divided among 1 person is still 5 cakes

5 / 1 = 5

Thus 5/0=5/1
Thus 0 = 1!


No, you're just saying not dividing is the same as dividing by one. Doing nothing is not the same as dividing by zero.
a.Bird
madsencarl wrote:
Everyone knows that the only good mathematics has done us is prove that girls are evil. Want proof? I'll show you.

First, we must show that girls require time, money:
girls = time x money

And, as we all know, time is money:
girls = money x money
girls = money^2

And money is the root of all evil:
money = rt(evil)

Therefore:
girls = rt(evil)^2

So...
girls = evil



hahahahahaha
drunkfun
YOU ALL MUST BE QUIET. YOU ARE MAKING CHUCK NORRIS MAD!!!!!!
MWANGI
This is very nice

It seems that we have been thinking in the same line.

I'm sure Albert Einstein will be very proud with us.

Funny, I had just come up with that formula just before I logged in to frihost.

This place seems to be full of geniuses. Unfortunately you came up with that formula seconds before I did. So you will take all the credit but I am working on another formula.

It is an equation E=mc^2

But I will explain it later during my next visit here.
the_mariska
MWANGI wrote:
So you will take all the credit but I am working on another formula.

It is an equation E=mc^2

But I will explain it later during my next visit here.

I'm afraid you don't even know what dose this formula mean. Who cares, anyway.
munkey_boy
Key:
E=2
A=3
+=+
===
H=6

Equasion:
----------------------------
e+a=h


I genius Very Happy
munkey_boy
munkey_boy wrote:
Key:
E=2
A=3
+=+
===
H=6

Equasion:
----------------------------
e+a=h


I genius Very Happy


Munkey_boy you really are a genius
paul_indo
SunburnedCactus
Quote:
No, you're just saying not dividing is the same as dividing by one. Doing nothing is not the same as dividing by zero.


But hang on?

PuNGS
Quote:
A number can't be divided by 0, so this is incorrect.


If you can't divide by zero you will be doing nothing if you try, because it can't be done.
So, if I choose to divide by zero I am therefore doing nothing.

So I agree with iridios
Quote:
5 cakes divided by 0 people leave 5 cakes.


THerefore 0=1
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Helios
eepman wrote:
D00d, you can never divide by 0 ever, the only person who can is Chuck Norris, but he doesn't believe in math.
Very Happy Very Happy


Yep, only Chuck Norris can devide by zero.
And if someone had ever said he can't, Chuck would have roundhouse kicked him in the face Very Happy

btw,
Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried. Ever.

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/


anyway, your theory is false.

only a zero dvided by a number which isn't zero can be equal to zero.
R divided by zero is a mathematical error.
XxGunner
I'd go with the Chuck Norris comments since they are the right anser lol.
Helios
Check these 2:

the first one is mine(which isn't correct, but it's fun anyway)

1/3 = 0.333...3...
2/3 = 0.666...6...
(this is the mistake actually, 2/3 is 0.66666666666666666666666666666667)

anyway, following this natural order:

3/3 = 0.999...9...

but, 3/3 = 1

therefore, 1 = 0.999...9... Smile

but if we count the 0.6.....7 = 2/3
then (2/3)+(1/3) will be exactly 1.

anyway, it's just a joke for fun Smile


and this one(which isn't mine):


Quote:
We know that women like two things, your time and your money, therefore...

[women] = [time] x [money]

-Now time equals money, so

[women] = [money] x [money]

Money is the root of all evil, so

[money] = [evil]^2

By squaring both sides of the equation,

sqrt(money) = evil


Now go back to the equation

[women] = [money] x [money]

See where I'm headed?

[women] = [money]^2 = [evil]


A problem with this "proof" occurred to me immediately: Since evil is negative, the square root of evil must be imaginary, which would mean that money is imaginary, and therefore, by definition, so is time.

Then I realized that, in my life at least, that's pretty much true.


My own addition:

"Evil is negative" this is just an opinion. In math we are never based on opinions, only facts.
Therefore, if we say that good is negative, evil would be positive. So, this "proof" is correct.

But, this whole thing is just a game of words anyway... so let's agre with the author haha
the_mariska
Helios wrote:

1/3 = 0.333...3...
2/3 = 0.666...6...
(this is the mistake actually, 2/3 is 0.66666666666666666666666666666667)

Don't believe your calculator. 2/3 is exactly 0.6666....6666... (6 infinitely many times). Though, your calculator can't show us infinitely many numbers, it just rounds the number up. And one more thing:
0.99999999... = 1.00000.... = 1.
So the rest of your 'proof' is actually correct, though it was made just for fun, I suppose.
Helios
If you want 3/3 to be equal to 1, you have to round 0.6...6... to 0.6...7.

or else yea, 0.9...9 will be equal to 1 Smile

anyway, this is all for fun of course Smile
the_mariska
Helios wrote:
If you want 3/3 to be equal to 1, you have to round 0.6...6... to 0.6...7.

or else yea, 0.9...9 will be equal to 1 Smile

anyway, this is all for fun of course Smile

Who said that maths can't be fun?
We can show 0.9999.... as an infinite geomtrical sequence of fractions, something like this: 9/10 + 9/100 + 9/1000 + 9/10000 + 9/100000 + ......., which all added up gives 1 Very Happy (if you still don't believe, try to draw it somewhere Wink ).
There is a lot of interesting things in maths to discover...
Helios
Yes. I agree. Smile

Was my favorite subject in school Smile
adwya
i think its fault


not true



Confused
Panthrowzay
What grade is this original poster in! have you ever heard of the square root of 1, or even a unit circle, better yet how many working yet canceling string theorys are there. one more thing evil is a vector found by graphing the dimentions of human thoughts!
izcool
My Geometry teacher last year had a theory on that 1 = 0 but it's a shame that I didn't jot it down in my notes lol. It was pretty convincing also. Then he had a theory on how that Santa Claus is real, and that he moves so fast to reach everyone's home in the world that he's faster than the speed of light. Very Happy Great stuff.

- Mike.
Related topics
Theory of a Deadman
science vs. religion
Quantum Trickery - Einstein's Strangest Theory [Quote]
Alternate Realities
colour theory and site design
Psychology Theory
The Theory of Reasoned Action
Theory of religion and science
The Final Theory - We humans know nothing?
Good Music Theory Sites?
An EXCITING theory about the 7th HP Book!
In theory, we can all get rich :P
Sleep less to get more out of life?
string's theory!!
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.