FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

russian dolls

lauriou
Hi
Russian dolls is a french/englis movie. "les pouppees russes"
nice movie... you should watch it.. if you can find it. this is the following movie of "l'auberge espagnol" very good...

Serge
ejmaster
I have never heard of this film however I searched the title and tell me if this is the movie you are talking about:

Harvey is a private investigator riding out a streak of bad luck. He successfully tracks an adulterous husband, only to find himself videotaping his own fiancee in bed with the man he has been paid to investigate. Quitting his job and wallowing in booze, Harvey begins a downward spiral, and meeting Katia doesn't help. This gorgeous mail-order bride has landed in Sydney from her native Russia, only to find her prospective groom dead on arrival. When Harvey's somewhat happily married friend Ethan falls for the lovely Katia, he asks Harvey to marry her to keep her from being deported. It sounds like a good deal--Ethan even offers to foot the bill to support Harvey's dream of writing the great Australian detective novel. But can Harvey and Katia play out the charade?
jeremoi
I wantched it in French class. I enjoyed it a fair bit.
drunkfun
ejmaster wrote:
I have never heard of this film however I searched the title and tell me if this is the movie you are talking about:

Harvey is a private investigator riding out a streak of bad luck. He successfully tracks an adulterous husband, only to find himself videotaping his own fiancee in bed with the man he has been paid to investigate. Quitting his job and wallowing in booze, Harvey begins a downward spiral, and meeting Katia doesn't help. This gorgeous mail-order bride has landed in Sydney from her native Russia, only to find her prospective groom dead on arrival. When Harvey's somewhat happily married friend Ethan falls for the lovely Katia, he asks Harvey to marry her to keep her from being deported. It sounds like a good deal--Ethan even offers to foot the bill to support Harvey's dream of writing the great Australian detective novel. But can Harvey and Katia play out the charade?

No, that movie is actually called 'RUSSIAN DOLL' (no S). A good australian film all the same though. I lived in Lyon, France and saw L'Auberge Espagnol when i was over there, so when Les Poupees Rousse came out here (in Australia) i was very keen to see it.
The sequel was extremely different to the first one, but i still found it extremely entertaining. It kept with the drama of the first film, the intricate idea that is love, but it really lacked the humour and light heartedness that was the first film.