FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

This is THE way to write HTML!

ocalhoun
How much better than this could it get?
None of the disadvantages of WYSIWYG, and I get very helpfull tools and display options!
Be sure to scroll all the way to the right so as to view the whole image...

This is quanta running on SuSE linux, by the way.

I asert that this is THE best way to build a website. (refering to the method, not the example in the picture.)

Yes, the time is correct and set to my timezone.
PuNGS
Well, it may be... But since I use GNOME, I stick with Bluefish Editor. Cool
When I do HTML this way, I feel like programming, and that feels good, but I have to preview the page many times to see if the page is going as I desired... Laughing
nntien
Hi!

I rarely use Text Editors to edit HTML code! Now I use DreamWeave to design some website and Adobe PhotoShop, Illus to design some pictures or images!
If we have any chance, we can learn and do something more professional, I think!
moncader
I LOVE quanta, its absolutley wonderful. It just makes life simpler.
I don't use IDE's to create html pages, im acutally faster without it. Plus, its MUCH neater to make it by hand. You also then actually know whats going on, unlike in Dreamweaver or VS.NET. if you do use an IDE though, PLEASE don't use Visual Studio.NET It's TERRIBLE for it, really bad. lol
Rhysige
Zend is also pretty neat... it takes a bit of getting used to and for most people they start it up look at all the features and close it :p but you just gotta learn to switch off the ones you dont want.
bboy_nycb
I love using alternatively Quanta and VIM !
bboy_nycb
You also have highlighted code feature with VIM which is very very useful !
cambonas
I don't know Quanta editor... I use Bluefish and I'm very satisfied. =)
S3nd K3ys
ultra edit and nvu are the best, sorry. Wink
orno
i really think there is no "best"

its a matter of personal opinion, i know lots of people who absolutely hate GUI based tools and will jsut get by with notepad or vi alone.

i personally am impressed with the way nvu is shaping up...
ocalhoun
Wow, you dug up this old topic?
You're lucky the image was still there.
Did you notice the original post date? Jan 25.
hofodomo01
haha, notepad for me. dreamwerver too, but that's only to format and make my code look neat...heck, i even do imagemaps with ms paint loll
wzzaaa
i use dreamweawer it my fav program realy nice to create HTML
surdy
ahh Quanta ..looks cool ... i think i must give it a try Smile

thanks for the info buddy
izcool
This is all I need, I'm all set. Very Happy Heck, it does more than HTML, it does CSS, JavaScript, and PHP all in one program. Very Happy

- Mike.
Kyoushu
I'll stick with Dreamweaver. It's much easier to use then raw html editors and, when used correctly, will produce a much better outcome then any raw html editor.
{name here}
Thank you, izcool, for using the revolutionary thing called a thumbnail.
looksbad
Umm a raw editor like notepad is ofcourse the best way to go. Software like Dreamweaver is great as it provides certain help tools but to become a real professional fast there is no other way than a raw editor. I dont like the way that Quantra lays things out it does make it a hell of alot easier. But html is quite basic people need to move on from raw html and into more flexible CSS .
arkebuzer
I just use notepad to write all php, c++, HTML and javascript code.

I cant say Im very good at making websites, but I kind of like typing the code myself Wink

Sadly the result might also be seen on my new homepage (if it ever gets "handled")

My design usually isnt award winning, shockingly beutiful and technicly advanced. As a matter of fact its very basic. But thats all I need.
{name here}
looksbad wrote:
Umm a raw editor like notepad is ofcourse the best way to go. Software like Dreamweaver is great as it provides certain help tools but to become a real professional fast there is no other way than a raw editor. I dont like the way that Quantra lays things out it does make it a hell of alot easier. But html is quite basic people need to move on from raw html and into more flexible CSS .

Um. I know people in the business and real professionals use Dreamweaver to design their sites layout and then switch it to the code view to optimize it. What you're saying is like saying that real professionals use assembly to code their programs and C code with occasional assembly are for ameturs.
tony
i've been recently going hardcore and just using nano. anyone else use nano?