FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHPBB Upload

Tony The Tiger
I finally found PHPBB 2.0.19. I have extracted the files to a folder on my desktop called PHPBB. As I similarly queried about PHP-Nuke, now I want to upload to the webhost using WS_FTP Pro. I choose domains >> tonythetiger.frih.net >>. Then I have the choices of stats, public_html, public_ftp, private_html, logs. Where do I upload the files?
xorcist
Upload it to public_html For a tutorial on how to do the rest just go to http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-19192.html
Tony The Tiger
What does step 11 of the phpbb installation tutorial (http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-19192.html ) mean:

"CHMOD/Set the permissions of) config.php to 777 and images/avatars/ to 777 using your FTP Client. "
xorcist
Right click on the files and go to Premissions and then click all of the checkbox's. If nothing pop's up when you right click just look for Permissions somewhere.
Tony The Tiger
xorcist wrote:
Right click on the files and go to Premissions and then click all of the checkbox's. If nothing pop's up when you right click just look for Permissions somewhere.

When I right click on config.php in WS_FTP Pro I have the following choices: copy, select all, large icons, small icons, list details, change directory, make directory, view, edit, append, execute, rename, delete, refresh, directory info, ftp commands (which has sub options CWD, PWD, HELP, SYST, SITE, QUOTE, LIST, MLSD, NLST, RETR, STOR, and CHMOD(unix)), Send to Scheduler, Properties. Please advise.
xorcist
Go to CHMOD and make sure it says 777 when you click all of the box's.
Tony The Tiger
I don't see CHMOD. What/Where is that?
xorcist
Tony The Tiger wrote:

When I right click on config.php in WS_FTP Pro I have the following choices: copy, select all, large icons, small icons, list details, change directory, make directory, view, edit, append, execute, rename, delete, refresh, directory info, ftp commands (which has sub options CWD, PWD, HELP, SYST, SITE, QUOTE, LIST, MLSD, NLST, RETR, STOR, and CHMOD(unix)), Send to Scheduler, Properties. Please advise.

It should be in he FTP Commands where you said it had sub options Where it says CHMOD (unix).