FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Strokes' new Album : First Impressions of Earth..

ericbobson
What do we think of this brilliant new album from the strokes? I love the feel, it's a little more rocky than other albums but still has a unique character. I think it is on a par with my favourite strokes album, room on fire. That is AMAZIN and my favourite track is can't win...anyone agree?
Caxius
i like very very much the new album, i think that it's the best albums of the strokes...
Wink
anxiety1
Yeh this album is amaizng

my favouirte at the moment is heart in a cage.

i still dont know which is my favouirte album though there all really amamzing.

im seeing them on friday!!!!!!
susanna mayfair
Other than Juicebox, I haven't cared for most of it. Maybe I need to give it a few more listens but it just doesn't do it for me. I think that part of it is he has a way of making his voice very annoying to me for some reason.
Ofinet
I still love them to pieces but I don't think it's their best work, but still great. It is however a step forward and they've atleast challenged themselves for some more originality. At the same time though, it still has the unmistakable Strokes sound which I fell in love with in the first place. That being said, I'd have to agree that Room on Fire was better written.

And besides...The Strokes are becoming dangerously close to being over advertised...I don't like!!! Crying or Very sad
ntothes
I like the new album. I really like that they actually don't use that fuzzy mic on all the songs, that was getting old. most of the songs are really catchty too
Ofinet
getting old? dude that's called a style.
jeremoi
Judging from what I've downloaded, I'm not that impressed, I really likes Room on Fire, I still listen to songs from it constantly.
anxiety1
i saw them on friday night!

they were absoulty amaizing!!!!

played all old stuff aas well as the new stuff - was brillant - go and see them if you can cos they are absoulty calss!
happycycling
I was such a diehard fan of the strokes and I've seen them about 5 times, but I've only really loved the first album. Room on Fire and First Impressions are okay, but Is This It will remain one of the greatest albums of all time.
kazikame
It's good, as well as a change of style from their other albums. For a start, Julian's voice isn't always muffled >_>