FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tablet PC vs. Ibook

Tablet pc or ibook
Tablet pc
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Ibook
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

panazen
Alright guys, i'm thinking of buying myself a new laptop. I'm stuck between getting myself a Tablet pc or an ibook They both have their advantages. The tablet would be great for school, writing notes etc.. Then on the other hand, i hear a lot of good things about macs. Longer battery, they look cool, and they have a couple more features. What do you guys think? I will be mostly using this for school, taking notes etc.
Rocky3478
My advice would be to stick with hand-written notes. That way you won't have a problem if your computer has a temporary problem or something. With that said, I'd still pick up an iBook. They are, IMO, the best truly portable laptops out there. They're rock stable with a gig of RAM, the keyboard is quite nice, although not up to the Powerbooks (which by the way is the nicest keyboard that I've ever had the pleasure to type on.), the iBooks are quite fast, more then fast enough for everyday needs. Although don't plan on crunching heavily in Photoshop with almost any laptop...
ocalhoun
That's a very good point with the battery life.
Ibooks will go for much longer than other portable computers on a single battery charge. (That's why I like 'em) When I have sufficient funds, I intend to buy one and install linux on it.
lockwolf
I would get a Tablet PC IMO. If you are already used to the Mac interface and want to sacrifice the use of windows programs, get an Ibook.