FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

bird flu

saskia
Sad hey im kinda worried bout the bird flu and i was wondering wether anyone cud tell me like how deadly it is and where in the world it is this time?
silvermesh
well unless you are indeed a bird, I wouldn't worry about it. since only birds can catch the bird flu(hence the name). The whole worry about a "pandemic" is based on the idea that the virus has a slight chance to mutate into a human flu, but this is not even remotely a certainty. whenever the government steps in and says "we should be worried about this" theres never anything to worry about. the things to worry about are those that nobody sees coming.

barring being a bird, you are still safe if you aren't over 60 or under 10, because a flu pandemic is still only a flu virus. the problem is it's wide-spreadedness, not it's deadliness. healhty folk don't die from the flu, it's only a minor inconvenience for several days. you might have to miss work or visit a physician. They call it a "killer flu" because it is widespread, not any more deadly than any other flu(which we get a different strain of at least once a year. I haven't gotten the flu since I was 12 and I've never gotten a flu shot).
Soulfire
silvermesh wrote:
well unless you are indeed a bird, I wouldn't worry about it. since only birds can catch the bird flu(hence the name). The whole worry about a "pandemic" is based on the idea that the virus has a slight chance to mutate into a human flu, but this is not even remotely a certainty. whenever the government steps in and says "we should be worried about this" theres never anything to worry about. the things to worry about are those that nobody sees coming.

barring being a bird, you are still safe if you aren't over 60 or under 10, because a flu pandemic is still only a flu virus. the problem is it's wide-spreadedness, not it's deadliness. healhty folk don't die from the flu, it's only a minor inconvenience for several days. you might have to miss work or visit a physician. They call it a "killer flu" because it is widespread, not any more deadly than any other flu(which we get a different strain of at least once a year. I haven't gotten the flu since I was 12 and I've never gotten a flu shot).

Your laid back approach is slightly alarming, but I do agree that the flu has been exacerbated. The U.S. doesn't have as much to worry about assuming you aren't old or too young, as our standard of living and current living conditions are quite high.

It would spread rapidly, and I watched a TV show showing the "worst case" scenario of the flu. All in all, that show states that if everything was to go as bad as it could, around 2 million people would die worldwide. That's not even a large percentage when compared to the current 6 billion people who inhabit the earth.

The flu might be slightly worse than the common flu, but it is still something that you need to pay attention to and keep in the back of your mind, although I doubt things will get too crazy.
byt
basically you stand a much bigger chance of dieing from a car crash than from flu, stop worrying about flu and concentrate on the traffic Cool
nik
just dont' get near birds.. dont' make any connection with them
adwya
i think

there is a drug fot complete treatment
Soulfire
adwya wrote:
i think

there is a drug fot complete treatment

You can't treat a virus, you can only treat the symptoms, the virus is killed by your immune system.