FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CD-R/RW Drive Problem

bcnhs81
i just noticed that my CD-RW drive does not automatically detects the disc.. i have 2 access it manually and d autoplay function does not work .. i dunno wat happened.. can sombeody help me on this one?? thanks
christy
I'm not sure what OS you're using, but in Windows XP if you right click on the drive and click properties there is an autoplay tab with options to set what action you want windows to take depending on the kind of cd you put in.

Of course, my autoplay doesn't work either despite what I change in there so that may or may not help.
ericbobson
This is actually a fairly common problem. Please give details of your drive (model, make) and your operating system. Did your drive work properly previosly? If so, it may be a problem with the registry that may have been caused by uninstalling recording software etc. This can be rectified.

More details and I'm sure I can help!
bcnhs81
im using a LiteOn CD-RW Drive.. i guess it has something to do with my registry.. you see i've dloded regcleaner and used it..but im not really sure if its d cause.. my OS is WinXP..
darknez3
Ive had a similar problem which i found that was caused by closing cdrom drive with my hand instead of pushing eject button. It works fine after windows reinstal.
christy
Both of my drives are LiteOn as well, one is a DVD-rom and the other is a CD-RW, and I'm also running Windows XP.

Seems odd to me that pushing the drive closed would cause the problem, and if that is the case then I'm hopelessly out of luck. I've got a 19 month old boy who loves nothing so much as opening and closing mommy's cd drives over and over and over. He's going to wear them out eventually I'm sure.

If I remember right, autoplay stopped working somewhere around the time that I installed Alcohol 120, but I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with it.
darknez3
Perhaps pushing it forcefuly in results in somekind of desync within reading of the CD by the system. My laptop that has a CD rom drive designed to be pushed has never had that problem.
SoftStag
Do you have any CD writing software installed? Some of these applications disable the autoplay function, causing this problem. This is done to prevent CDs autoplaying whilst they are being written, but it can be a pain if you want to autoplay your CDs!

djfreakske
i think it could be possible that the virtual drive
is the cause of this problem. If not then try to reinstall your windows
this would make your problem go away.

hope it works Cool