FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


about Points/frih$ system





cemaytar
hello,
I am a new user.
The length of the posy should not decide the points. The content is the most important thing. If admins are not sufficient for checking the contents of the posts, there can be made a second team.
And also this second team should be gifted by some way etc..
Question
n0obie4life
That's what we do. You need to get 10 points and 5 posts and post quality posts.

We check if the content is useful, and is of quality.

We don't mind one line but VERY USEFUL post (although unlikely). 3 liners that help someone, or contribute properly to a topic will more likely have their account approved.
WebSiteGuru
Yep! That is true. It doesnt matter how many word you type when you post. It's the contents that the moderators, admins are looking for. If for some reason you post a big 5 paragraphs and the words are all junk (PER SAY), then they will not count that as a good post.
MWANGI
WebSiteGuru wrote:
Yep! That is true. It doesnt matter how many word you type when you post. It's the contents that the moderators, admins are looking for. If for some reason you post a big 5 paragraphs and the words are all junk (PER SAY), then they will not count that as a good post.


You say that they will not count it as a good post.

But it seems like you receive your points immediately before even the moderators have a chance to look at your post. When they find out that the post is not a quality post, do they deduct those points .

I am asking this because during the weekend I think I lost over 25 points which I found rather unfair. Could this mean that I was not posting good posts or what. Nobody sent a PM telling me why my points were deducted or do they deduct your points when you get your free spave.

Someone please tell me because I am a bit concerned. My points had almost reached 80 but when I came on monday, I found that they had been reduced to 45 but my $frih remained untouched.

Is this a new formula that was introduced or something?? Rolling Eyes
SoftStag
Points reset to 45 every day, this is the maximum you can have.
FAQ wrote:
Q: What are the 'Points'?
The Points are used to determine how active you are. You shouldn't worry about them, unless they become negative. The hosting accounts of users with negative Points may be removed. You can't trade or exchange Points.
Every day, 1 Point is deducted from all hosted members. There is also a maximum of 45 Points. Two email warnings are sent at -5 and -10 Points. Your account may get removed after those two warnings if you are still inactive.
Please note that the Points are only an indication of your activeness. Frihost uses it to indicate possible inactive users. No account is removed automatically.
WebSiteGuru
MWANGI wrote:
WebSiteGuru wrote:
Yep! That is true. It doesnt matter how many word you type when you post. It's the contents that the moderators, admins are looking for. If for some reason you post a big 5 paragraphs and the words are all junk (PER SAY), then they will not count that as a good post.


You say that they will not count it as a good post.

But it seems like you receive your points immediately before even the moderators have a chance to look at your post. When they find out that the post is not a quality post, do they deduct those points .

I am asking this because during the weekend I think I lost over 25 points which I found rather unfair. Could this mean that I was not posting good posts or what. Nobody sent a PM telling me why my points were deducted or do they deduct your points when you get your free spave.

Someone please tell me because I am a bit concerned. My points had almost reached 80 but when I came on monday, I found that they had been reduced to 45 but my $frih remained untouched.

Is this a new formula that was introduced or something?? Rolling Eyes


Your point will get reset daily, set aside if you have freehost account here too then it will also subtract 1 point each day. Once you hit -20 points you free host account will be suspended. This is to ensure that you are active poster in the forum, in order to keep your free host account. I think this is fair.
WebSiteGuru
Also good post only count toward you getting a free host account that I know so far. Posting itself just give points to your account. It doesnt matter if you have only one word in your post or 100 words.
SunburnedCactus
WebSiteGuru wrote:
Also good post only count toward you getting a free host account that I know so far. Posting itself just give points to your account. It doesnt matter if you have only one word in your post or 100 words.


Well posts of one word are unlikely to qualify as "quality posts".
WebSiteGuru
SunburnedCactus wrote:
WebSiteGuru wrote:
Also good post only count toward you getting a free host account that I know so far. Posting itself just give points to your account. It doesnt matter if you have only one word in your post or 100 words.


Well posts of one word are unlikely to qualify as "quality posts".


Depends on if it has meaning that would reflex the correct responds or not. I doubt that anyones here would only use one word as a post. But that was just an example.

You can have 15 paragraphs post and it is just a spam or you can have 1 sentence post that tell alot more than a 15 paragraphs post.

If you catch my drift. Wink
n0obie4life
Suggestion -close-d.

Well, offtopic-ness going on now.
Related topics
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.