FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New music type invented "RAP MUSIC"

MWANGI
Hi guys

Has any one of you guys heard of rap music. I heard it the other day and I think it has nice beats.

There is this guy they call 50cts. The beats are fat and stupid(meaning great).
SunburnedCactus
"Rap music"? Never heard of it!

Very Happy
Jeslyn
When I first heard of 50cent, I thought someone was asking me if I wanted fifty cents.
LoveMachine
I just heard a "dope track" on the ghetto blaster the other day.

It'll never catch on.
LostOverThere
Nah, not my style.

Though...FYI: Rap music started in the 1980's.
shr3dd
Never listened to it, I heard it causes brain damage.
madsencarl
Wow, you heard of rap! Good work! 50 does rap/hip-hop, not full-on rap.

LoveMachine wrote:
It'll never catch on.

Too late. It already has, and is one of the fastest-growing genres in the world, what with classical music dying because all its fans are now dead.

LostOverThere wrote:
Though...FYI: Rap music started in the 1980's.

Actually, it started in the 70's.

No, it doesn't cause brain damage.
I love rap. But I hate hip-hop sung by chicks. It's just s***house. Well, whilst I listen to my rap, you can go and listen to your Celine Dion.
shr3dd
yea celine dion sucks. id rather go listen to something with more musical substance. computer generated beats just dont do it for me. have fun with your ignorantly artificial "music".
blackheart
MWANGI wrote:
Hi guys

Has any one of you guys heard of rap music. I heard it the other day and I think it has nice beats.

Have you been living in a hole? I mean, it's not new.

Yes I've heard of it, but I don't like it in terms of mainstream singers/bands/groups like 50cent.

I only like rap when it's where it's supposed to be - on the streets used in battling (happy madsen? and i'll hold my tongue on the punk comment). Anything on the radio is just shit, because that's not what rap's supposed to be.
madsencarl
blackheart wrote:
MWANGI wrote:
Hi guys

Have you been living in a hole? I mean, it's not new.

Yes I've heard of it, but I don't like it in terms of mainstream singers/bands/groups like 50cent.

I only like rap when it's where it's supposed to be - on the streets used in street-fighting. Anything on the radio is just ****, because that's not what rap's supposed to be.

No offence, but I only like punk where it's supposed to be - in the sewer, being trampled. And it's not called street-fighting (that's a game), it's called battling.
Marston
madsencarl wrote:
LoveMachine wrote:
It'll never catch on.

Too late. It already has, and is one of the fastest-growing genres in the world, what with classical music dying because all its fans are now dead.
Shocked Tell me you didnt take lovemachine's comment seriously?!

Obviously, it was tongue in cheek Razz.
Blaster
Are you for real. You never herd of rap. I have heard of it since 6th grade (FYI I am in 8th now) And Rap sucks badly. I can't stand it. I think I have herd of it because of me living in Pa and having Philly, chester, and chi right by me.
blackheart
Blaster wrote:
Are you for real. You never herd of rap. I have heard of it since 6th grade (FYI I am in 8th now) And Rap sucks badly. I can't stand it. I think I have herd of it because of me living in Pa and having Philly, chester, and chi right by me.

Only 3 years? 6/7/8? I'm in year 10 this year, and it's been around here since at least year 4.

*shudders*
Insanity
I'm still pondering on whether the topic creator was being sarcastic or not... its hard to tell over the internet...
ruff_ryder
madsencarl wrote:

I love rap. But I hate hip-hop sung by chicks. It's just s***house. Well, whilst I listen to my rap, you can go and listen to your Celine Dion.

Not really true, there are a few exceptions. Heard of Amil? Or perhaps Funky Gripsta off of Ice-T's album Home Invasion (1993)?