FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to handle domain forwarding

slopestyle
Hi all,

I'm hoping to get a frihost site soon (posts permitting)

I have a domain registered with 123reg but will be using it through "domain forwarding" where anyone who types the domain name in gets forwarded to the actual site (frihost), however the domain stays in the address bar of the browser.

So as far as submitting my site to google i was just wondering if it is best to submit the domain name to google or the actual frihost address of the site..

Thanks in advance and i hope i'll be joing frihost soon Smile
Bondings
It would be better not to use the forwarding, but your actual domain. You'll be able to add it to your account after being accepted. The only thing you need to do at your registrar afterwards is just setting the nameservers to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net .
slopestyle
Great news.... thanks for the help
beatmasta601
slopestyle wrote:
Hi all,

I'm hoping to get a frihost site soon (posts permitting)

I have a domain registered with 123reg but will be using it through "domain forwarding" where anyone who types the domain name in gets forwarded to the actual site (frihost), however the domain stays in the address bar of the browser.

So as far as submitting my site to google i was just wondering if it is best to submit the domain name to google or the actual frihost address of the site..

Thanks in advance and i hope i'll be joing frihost soon Smile

Better dont use Forwarding