FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Media Player 10

jarred89
Hello, I just got a new laptop and i have some videos in my files and when i go to play them in windows media player only the sound will work and i cant see the video and i have noticed besides where the play and stop buttons are it comes up downloading codec then it says it failed has anyone ever had a problem like this before? Thanks
photon
you maybe missing the appropriate video codecs. all you need to do is d/l them. use klite codec pack which installs most of the codecs you will need
klite codec

an alternative is to use VLC player
Pikokola
Yup It's the video codec missing, you can chechk the requred codec using G-spot (Availaibe in the K-Lite Codec pack as photon mention) but it's better if you isntall all of the codec Smile
cheeta
jarred89 wrote:
Hello, I just got a new laptop and i have some videos in my files and when i go to play them in windows media player only the sound will work and i cant see the video and i have noticed besides where the play and stop buttons are it comes up downloading codec then it says it failed has anyone ever had a problem like this before? Thanks

get some codec pack.. if the file is in AVI get DivX & if not sure then download the full Klite codec pack...