FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain Help

statusfashions
Hi,
This question May have been answered here but i am unable to find the solution. so please solve my query.
I have my site at
www.statusfashions.frihost.net/status
I have parked my domain www.statusfashions.be but it leads to www.statusfashions.frihost.net
hence i had to redirect index page to statusfashions.frihost.net/status
now when i do type www.statusfashions.be though it sends me to the page i want but still the browser shows www.statusfashions.frihost.net/status
Is is possible to have the browser address to remain as www.statusfashions.be ????
PLease guide me through.
also do tell me what is difference between parked domain and add on domain.
i am creating another site with different domain name is it better to create it on another subdomain i.e www.sitename.statusfashions.frihost.net and then redirect my domain there or is there any better solution.
Looking for the solution here.
regards,
Bondings
You most likely made a redirect to http://www.statusfashions.frihost.net/status/ from your home page. Just make it http://www.statusfashions.be/status/ and it should be working.

For the other domains, use the addon domain feature. The second field will be the name of the subdomain/directory of the folder.
godam64
Bondings wrote:
For the other domains, use the addon domain feature. The second field will be the name of the subdomain/directory of the folder.

i got confused with this one.

in frihost if you add X.com you get output subdomain.frihost.com/X if you visit X.com

but on other server if i add X.com i can get output X.com

how to get the second result from frihost?
Bondings
godam64 wrote:
Bondings wrote:

i got confused with this one.

in frihost if you add X.com you get output subdomain.frihost.com/X if you visit X.com

but on other server if i add X.com i can get output X.com

how to get the second result from frihost?

That's most likley because some setting is set incorrectly or you redirected it.

In your case, just provide me the real example with domain and I'll take a look at what exactly happens.