FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What order shoudl you learn them?

sciondestiny
Hey guys what's up?

Well I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I am learning currently HTML and am almost at the end. Now I was wondering which next language would be nice to learn and is supposed to be learned after HTML. I was planning on learning JavaScripting and than after Javascript go to PHP. I am currently studying HTML and Javascripting form the site:

www.w3schools.com

and Ibought a book that teaches you PHP and MySQL database in like very short time. So is this a good order:

HTML >> JavaScript >> PHP?
Please your ideas and thoughts and what is a better approach thank you very much!
arch23
looks like a good order, although skipping java script straight to php is not hard. Depedns on you actually.Javascript is usefull anyway and you'll start getting used to the structure of a scripts language.
Good Luck
n0obie4life
HTML --> PHP

Even with PHP, you still need HTML knowledge.
cemaytar
my order will be like:
HTML -> PHP -> MySQL

Javascript is important but don't worry about it. When you need you can find a javascript and you can easily understand what it does.
thnn
My answer would be depending on what you wanted to do.

Html is first of course because without it you cant make a site.

Then learn Javascript, if you want to make client enhanced sites and especially if you want to get in to AJAX later.

Then learn PHP because it allows you to create interactive pages.

Then learn mysql a powerful supplement to PHP.

Then if you wish to learn AJAX learn it now, but it maybe hard if you have not already learnt Javascript and PHP. As I am finding.
desertwind
So that you've almost finished studying HTML, I really suggest you to go for CSS and after that Javascript, As these two can help you a lot in page design. PHP is great, you can go for PHP after finishing JS, or you can skip JS and go for PHP. But learning CSS comes handy these days, so it's highly recommended for study.
sciondestiny
I see thank you for the help guys. I think i might go with desertwinds idea of learning CSS before Javascript. now I was wondering if anyone got a chance to look at that site it looks really like a good site to learn from. And I was wondering what your ideas are on it, is it really good or bad?