FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DownloadingGalleryUsingCVS

Tony The Tiger
I am trying to figure out how to install gallery 2.0.2 to upgrade my website's photo gallery. I want it to operate like my friends does here: http://www.welcometotheadventure.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=gallery . I am using frihost as my webhost for my site (www.tonythetiger.frih.net ) I am at the following page of online instructions: http://gallery.menalto.com/wiki/DownloadingGalleryUsingCVS

I am lost at step 1. It says to type
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gallery login

Do I do this at a dos prompt, in my url window, in my run box?
KHO
l believe that would be through the PHPMyAdmin the way you get there is just <domain>.frih.net/phpMyAdmin/ substituting <domain> for whatever your domain is Neutral. l haven't done this yet, but there is a cvs link, and the url it points to looks something like what you have typed, try it out Neutral.
Daniel15
Quote:
I am lost at step 1. It says to type
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gallery login

Do I do this at a dos prompt, in my url window, in my run box?

That's a CVS command under Linux. To use CVS on Windows, do this:

1. Download a program called 'TortoiseCVS'. Once you install it, restart.
2. Make an empty folder on your desktop. Call it 'Gallery', or anything else that you can remember
3. Right-click on the folder and choose 'CVS Checkout'
4. Use these settings:
Protocol: pserver
Server: cvs.sourceforge.net
Repository Folder: /cvsroot/gallery
Module Name: gallery
Username: anonymous
Notice that the 'CVSROOT' box at the top shows something similar to the command that the instructions told you to type in
5. Click 'OK'. This will download all the very latest gallery files into that folder. I'm testing it out now, there's quite a few files so it will take a while.

After that, you'll have all the gallery files in that folder that you made. You'll need to upload that to your website somewhere.

The best thing about the CVS? If a new version is released into the CVS, and only a few files change, TortoiseCVS will only download the changed files. It gives a list of all the files that have changed, allowing you to upload only those files.
Tony The Tiger
daniel15 wrote:
After that, you'll have all the gallery files in that folder that you made. You'll need to upload that to your website somewhere.

Do I upload them to the same folder that my index.html file is in?
Daniel15
Tony The Tiger wrote:
daniel15 wrote:

Do I upload them to the same folder that my index.html file is in?

You should make a 'gallery' folder for it.
orno
1) if you already have gallery installed (an earlier version), dont bother with the CVS...just download the upgrade files and extract them to the gallery folder to update your gallery install

2) if you dont have gallery installed, download the official 2.0.2 .tar.gz version and use cPanel/DirectAdmins inbuilt file extraction utilities

3) to use it as part of php-nuke, u will need to install php-nuke as well as the gallery module for integrating the two...there are tutorials for this...just googe or read the documentation