FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

For Zelda And Nintendo Lovers Only

www.pccv.com
THE BEST GAME WILL BE ZELDA THE TWILIGHT PRINCESS
madsencarl
www.pccv.com wrote:
THE BEST GAME WILL BE ZELDA THE TWILIGHT PRINCESS

Good for you
Wow, look at this guy's FRIH$ - 4 posts, 1 FRIH$. A contributing member to the forum Rolling Eyes
Monkeydog
I highly doubt TP will be as good as LttP, Links Awakening, or WW.
Possibly even OOT too.
Jayfarer
Monkeydog wrote:
I highly doubt TP will be as good as LttP, Links Awakening, or WW.
Possibly even OOT too.

Why?

Given their track record, and the time they're taking with this one, it seems like it would be at least on-par with Wind Waker. Nothing has indicated to me, "Oh, no, this is not going to live up to expectations" so far. Maybe the reports of the demos being easy, but that's all.
Yantaal
saying that it would be on par with WW is a bit dodgey, seing as it flopped and isnt not very popular, now saying it is on par with OoT thast the best Zelda game in my opinion, and can not wait to see TW. The graphics look mental, and having played it at a game screening in Edinborough, know how mental it is. You can ride your horse whilstr weilding your sword, and you arnt limited to using only your bow whilst on your horse. Insane.

Zelda is insane, best game... ever
Frag
Yantaal wrote:
and having played it at a game screening in Edinborough, know how mental it is.

Since when did you go to Scotland Will? Rolling Eyes

Great game though screenshots look awesome
vaoger
well Zelda... i heard b4... try b4 n love it... until my gba damage after day and night playin it....
it a great game... i started play it... some thing about the zelda the four season... or some thing about the four sword...
but the best gba ver zelda will be the lastest one... the minish cap... very nice..
grafic enhanced... more function added...more challenging game ever..
well.. 4 those who havent try it yet... try it.. i wont fail u...

no comment on the other zelda... coz i only got GBA version of it only...
Hanpusu-kun
WOW!!!
SPAM POST 2k5.
Anyway... WW is surely one of the best Zelda games.
Thought its not as "real" as the other ones but the adventure was really good and they got som really brilliant ideas.
But... the boat + triforce thingy made me almost take my life <.<
Monkeydog
Yantaal wrote:
saying that it would be on par with WW is a bit dodgey, seing as it flopped and isnt not very popular

Since when?
It was like, super popular. It broke records for most presales, and was rated the best game of...2003? I think.
Wind Waker is AWESOME <3
The sailing was a bit dull though.

I only say it may not be too good, since nothing seems very spectacular to me. but, it's nintendo...
Hanpusu-kun
Monkeydog wrote:
Yantaal wrote:
saying that it would be on par with WW is a bit dodgey, seing as it flopped and isnt not very popular

Since when?
It was like, super popular. It broke records for most presales, and was rated the best game of...2003? I think.
Wind Waker is AWESOME <3

I only say it may not be too good, since nothing seems very spectacular to me. but, it's nintendo...

but still many people rejected it because og the "childish" style.
my friend did that, and still i havent been able to convince him sto play it.
gothicgeek
Hanpusu-kun wrote:
Monkeydog wrote:
Yantaal wrote:

Since when?
Wind Waker is AWESOME <3

Yeah, WW rocked. I think it's funny when people are like 'OMG 1t 1s l1k3 t3h 5ux0rz c0z 1t5 k1dd4y!!1111one!!1eleven111!!'

It's like, get over yourself. So it's got a different graphic style. That doesn't mean the gameplay isn't awesome. Here's a quote from Nintendo Power after Wind Waker won best graphics in the NP Awards. "We have one thing to say to all those people who complained about 'Cel-Da' for so very, very long...HA! HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA! It won! See! It won! Now stop writing letters to Player's Pulse in which you misspell words like 'the' and 'suck'."
Kelcey
I personally despised WW. I loved ocarina of time and liked Majora's Mask (not THAT much). I certainly hope TP is good. Somehow I see it tying in with the revolution quite a bit.
k7leetha
I think Wind Waker was beautifully done. Travelling in the boat back and forth all the time was a bit tedious, but if you bring the idea of "ok I'm in the boat again" into the story, and accept it as longevity of plot, it's okay. I loved the cel animation, with the japanese-esque style of art, I thought it was extremely well done. And usually, I don't like to mix real time fighting with adventure (I'm more of a turnbased RPG fan) but they made it very fluid.

Ocarina of Time was awesome. The first delve into a 3D world of Hyrule was freakin sweet. They obviously put a lot of thought into everything they did here, and I don't think I can complain about anything in this game...except those annoying ground-plant-pop-up-enemy-thingies. They just bugged me.

Majora's Mask...I personally didn't like. It seemed to get too complicated. Not difficult, just complex. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but it seemed like they took as many ideas they could grasp within the same catagory, and made a lengthy game out of it. I also didn't like the limitation of time. I'm not saying the game was bad, just not to my taste.

Twilight Princess, I'm hesitant about. All I can say is I hope they didn't get caulky (proper spelling didn't work) about their legacy and slack off on the depth.
KRONIC
zelda - occarina of time is the best zelda game to ever be brought out onto nintendo!! the storyline and characters are indeed the best!
garvalf4
if you're into zelda, you would maybe like this game
http://egoboo.sourceforge.net/

it's a 3D games in the vein of nethack, but with zelda / anime like characters

available both for linux and windows
Wd_removed
Surely nothing will beat the original and best.

OOT!
Jayfarer
Welliottdude wrote:
Surely nothing will beat the original and best.

OOT!

Ocarina of Time was not the original....

Quote:

Well, that's your friends then. It was still one of the highest selling video games on the GameCube, and still rated over 9.0/10.0 by most reviewers. Far from a "flop."
papamurphy
Zelda is a great game. There is no avoiding it. I don't know if it is quite the best, but you can rest assured I will have my copy pre-ordered! Anyone getting excited about the Revolution, and the downloadable games? Being able to go back and play the classics is going to be great Very Happy .
Yantaal
over alli think that all of the Zelda games are awesome, WW was rejecyed because of the babyish graphics. Probably still a good game, im saving to buy a gamecube just to buy it.

Ocarina of time Owns, as does Majors Mask.

Al is well in zela world
Frag
Monkeydog wrote:
It broke records for most presales,

So people ordered it in there numbers in anticipation of a new good Zelda game and when they got it they were horribly dissapointed with the poor graphics, and the kiddy style game.
Yantaal
Frag wrote:
Monkeydog wrote:
It broke records for most presales,

So people ordered it in there numbers in anticipation of a new good Zelda game and when they got it they were horribly dissapointed with the poor graphics, and the kiddy style game.

Tahts going a bit to far mate, its still a good game the graphics are just a l;ittle weak.
k7leetha
Frag wrote:

What game, Twilight Princess? Kiddy style game? Elaborate please? I'm a super broke mofo and the chances of me getting to buy the game anytime soon are slim-to-none, so should I not bother getting this one?
k7leetha
Yantaal wrote:
over alli think that all of the Zelda games are awesome, WW was rejecyed because of the babyish graphics. Probably still a good game, im saving to buy a gamecube just to buy it.

Ocarina of time Owns, as does Majors Mask.

Al is well in zela world

First note: This rant isn't directed at you, Yantaal.

Ya know, I'm so sick of people judging games because of the graphics. Some of the worst games have beautiful graphics, and some of the best games, both classic and and new have mediocre, okay, or even bleh graphics. Take Worms on SNES for example. Terrible graphics, but the game was freakin awesome, got me totally hooked. Final Fantasy 2 is still considered one of the best RPG's, and those graphics are bland, boring, and well, hideous. Besides, the graphics in Wind Waker weren't babyish, they were cartoon, even anime-ish. And extraordinarily well done. I've seen other cel-shaded games and either it still looks like actual CG, or else there's so little detail it looks like crap.

I know I'm blowin up, but I work for GameStop, and I get so fed up with these morons who walk in and talk about nothing but the graphics. Important? Can be. Beneficial? Definitely. But the people who buy games only for the visuals are the same people who think Speed 2 was a good action flick.
izimngcubes15
Yep, it will! I love Zelda, I can't wait until it comes out!!
Airfrorfria
it had better be with all the delays and all i am so sick of waiting it'll have a long way to go to beat FF7
Natrualkiller
only zelda i liked was the one on n64 friend got it damn thats awsome game
linkman2004
OOT rocked but in my opinion no zelda game rocked more then the totally rad WIND WAKER! Everything about the game was absolutely stunning, graphics, music, and most of all gameplay. But Twilight Princess will probably become the dudest of all the zelda games cause of horseback sword fighting and wolf link.