FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash script problem

Dark-Tech
at the moment im trying to make a certain button change shape depending on which shape the user decides he wants due to several problems in actionscript unconformity meaning i have to choose button for one thing and movie clip for another i have mangaed to get down to one hopefully easy fix that i just dont know how to do

in scene 1 Action Script declares var h;
in the same scene, same frame several buttons will set h to a number such as 3 in the next scene of that frame there is a button, in the button is a symbol in the first frame odf the symbol is a gotoandstop(h); comand
it wont realize the variable h's value how can i fix this

Scene1 -
Frame 1-
var h; stop();.....
Frame 2-
stop();.....

Frame 1-
Button1
h = 7;

Frame 2-
Button2-
moviclip1-
movi clip Frame 1 -
gotoandplay(h);
Sappho
Simple the movie clip cant know about the h initialized in another timeline, dont forget that variables in flash are dependant on a timeline in which they were created. If u want to be sure and go the easy way just set it in _root and always access it with absolute way as _root.h or just set it as global variable _global.h Global variables are not timeline dependant but dont forget u cant initialize em with var _global.h just _global.h without the var since that is reserved for local ones.
Dark-Tech
Thanx you were right setting it as _global.h worked perfectly just as i wanted it to be now its just a small while until the project will be done