FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to edit SQL files?

Guelila
Hello,
I need to restore my database for my phpbb forum.
So I went into my cpanel, went to phpmyadmin and dropped all the tabble so I can restore the old ones.

I downloaded the backup so I have the SQL file.

But here is the problem :
I am using BigDump (bigdump.php) and there is a error while importing...

Quote:
Processing file: phpbb1.sql

Starting at the line: 1

Stopped at the line 603.

At this place the current query includes more than 300 dump lines. That can happen if your dump file was created by some tool which doesn't place a semicolon followed by a linebreak at the end of each query, or if your dump contains extended inserts. Please read the BigDump FAQs for more infos.

Stopped on error

How can I fix this problem?
I downloaded it from the phpbb admin panel, but I don't know whats wrong...
please help me.
Thanks in advance, Guelila.
Bondings
If you downloaded it from the phpbb admin panel, then why can't you restore it from there?
Guelila
because I get timeouts because the file is too big...
n0obie4life
Do you know how to use phpmyadmin to restore .sql files?

If you do, I recommend that you use a big dump - http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php .

It will split up the sql files into several sql files so that they can be "queried" without being timed out by phpmyadmin ( NOT THE PHPBB ACP!!!).

If you do not know how to use phpmyadmin, I'm sorry, I can't help here Sad.
Guelila
I was using that exact thing.
But like I said in my first post, I get those errors I quoted...

Thanks for tip though. Smile
Bondings
I don't know how big the database is, but why don't you add it manually to phpMyAdmin by splitting the file yourself? I mean opening it in a text editor and paste parts of the commands in the window to be executed. Just don't split them in the middle of a line.
Daniel15
Quote:
If you do, I recommend that you use a big dump - http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php .

It will split up the sql files into several sql files so that they can be "queried" without being timed out by phpmyadmin ( NOT THE PHPBB ACP!!!).

Pfft, you obviously didn't read the first post Wink

Anyway, it sounds like the SQL file uses something called 'Extended Inserts'. This basically puts all the data on one long line (making it impossible to split up).

Sorry, but I'm not really sure how to restore it. Maybe someone smarter than me can figure it out...