FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to post a good post..

ripdajacker
I think there should be some kind of guide to how to post on a forum, well guide is misleading I would rather call it some guidelines.

Well for instance, a topic with a subject: "Help me with my computer" is misleading and in fact stupid, because the topic title does not say anything about what the ****** the problem is.

A better title would be: "Help with sound card problems on linux", because it tells us what we should be prepared for.

So first step is to make a decent title. Second step follows, the content.

How do you know what you should write in a post? Well if you want to avoid getting replies like "Read the ****** manual" or "Ask uncle google", search the net first. There are some hardware problems and so on that are more common than others, therefore have some people already asked the exact same question, you just have to google it to get the answer.

So second step is to search the net.

Wouldn't some guidelines like that make the forum easier to be at? It would make it easier for people to sort topics before they read them and it would encourage people to reply in the same way. Everybody is happier.
James007
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-10114.html

You should use the search function first... those guideline topics are useful...

-close-