FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question

Ironz
hey,

i had some problems with files owned by apache and i did exactly what's written in this post: "Fix for deleting files/directories owned by apache" and everything went fine but i went to chmod public_html back to 755 it wouldn't change, i changed the one in domains/****.frih.net/public_html and it did change back to 755 but when i first open the file manager, the public_html that exists on the first page is set to 777. so is the public_html in the domains/****.frih.net/ the correct one or the one that first appears in the file manager?

Thank You.
Bondings
Ironz wrote:
hey,

i had some problems with files owned by apache and i did exactly what's written in this post: "Fix for deleting files/directories owned by apache" and everything went fine but i went to chmod public_html back to 755 it wouldn't change, i changed the one in domains/****.frih.net/public_html and it did change back to 755 but when i first open the file manager, the public_html that exists on the first page is set to 777. so is the public_html in the domains/****.frih.net/ the correct one or the one that first appears in the file manager?

Thank You.

The public_html 'folder' in your root is only a shortcut/link to the real public_html. It has 777 permission by default, if I'm not mistaken and is not something to worry about. The other public_html in the /domains/yourwebsite/ folder is the one that matters.
Ironz
Bondings wrote:
Ironz wrote:
hey,

Thank You.

The public_html 'folder' in your root is only a shortcut/link to the real public_html. It has 777 permission by default, if I'm not mistaken and is not something to worry about. The other public_html in the /domains/yourwebsite/ folder is the one that matters.

oh ok thx a lot for clarifying that. i spent all night looking at the site waiting for something wrong to happen or someone to mess things up but it is all fine. thx again.