FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PC startup

MonkeyWrench
i am having big problems with my pc, every time i turn it on it stops at the first screen showing pentium 4 etc, it then takes 10mins of reboots before it actually starts up and its fine, but whats stopping it from starting up first time?
Srs2388
have u tried pushing f8 soon as you turn it on and then going into safe mode? and doing a system restore?
k_s_baskar
do u get time delay after the "starting Windows...." or b4 that?
MonkeyWrench
time delay? no it just stays on that screen and doesnt do anything, but it works after 10 mins of reboots which is very strange Sad
waiteck
Did you overclock your computer? If yes, there might be not enough vcore. Try adjusting the bios but you gotta reset the jumper of your motherboard first.
saga87
How many devices are used in the boot? My old PC used to hang if I would put it to check the floppy, CD, HDD and the other CD... but maybe isn't the case Razz
MonkeyWrench
i have 3 usb mouse, keyboard and broadband in with 2 DVDRW drives

its nothing to do with overclocking.
waiteck
MonkeyWrench wrote:
i am having big problems with my pc, every time i turn it on it stops at the first screen showing pentium 4 etc, it then takes 10mins of reboots before it actually starts up and its fine, but whats stopping it from starting up first time?

A corrupted OS? Perhaps it would also help if you sayu wad you did before this problem starts to occur.
ocalhoun
This has nothing to do with your OS.
I would suggest running a good memory checking utility, I find that bad memory will often result in such things.
If that fails, try removing some or all of your periphrials, and see if they are causing the problem.
If that fails, try running some good hard-drive diagnostics or try using a different hard drive.
If that fails, check your power supply for correct voltages and consistancy. (if you know how, otherwise replace it)
If that dosen't solve the problem, then it could be a BIOS problem, try flashing the BIOS or replacing the motherboard.
MonkeyWrench
yes i have tried 2 different OS but it makes no difference, the most likely affect is memory, but how do i do a memory check?
tanapat
You may be have a problem with your OS the guide for solve your problem
1. If your PC Stop before first screen show that mean your PC have a critical problem with hardware eg. memory, VGA card or some IO
2. If your PC Stop at first screen then mean your PC have a problem with hardware eg. Keyboard, harddisk or some IO
3. If your PC Pass 1 and 2 that mean your PC have a problem with OS you and try reinstall OS again
MonkeyWrench
turns out that it was a problem with the RAM, i have 2x 1gb ram, i took one of them out and it worked fine, what is wrong with the RAM i dont know Laughing
bangala
MonkeyWrench try cleaning it and plugging it in again, it might be loosely connected that caused this startup problem.