FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rank Pics

DarthSilus
For some reason we are using medieval themes for the pictures for our ranks here on FriHost. This seems to defy logic. Why not try a more dry and synthetic picture to match the theme for these forums.

Also, why not make the ranks a little more appealing. FriHost Wannabe? That makes me want to go off and be the admin of some other Message Boards just to be spiteful.

I realize it's to give people motivation to post... yet many cookies motivate children more than cakes, if you know what I mean.

Also, we could use some more interesting categories. Like one for soley for political deabte on certain aspects. Or one for spirituality and philosophy. And one for science.

Enough with the small chat categories please. Many are here just to keep anough points to keep our websites up... so it would be nice if there were more painless ways to do that.
n0obie4life
Bondings actually gave up on the rank system. So, it's more or less there to placate some Frihosters Wink.

It's highly doubted that we'll add anymore new ranks nor edit them.
babumuchhala
Well he got the ranks thinggy going on my suggestion, and if i am not wrong the mods did play quite a bit of role in deciding what ranks were to be made.

Maybe if you can give him some GREAT rank titles he MIGHT change it. Maybe you might then also have to make all the images your self. So if u r ready to do the work, MAYBE Bondings will change them
Marston
n0obie4life wrote:
Bondings actually gave up on the rank system. So, it's more or less there to placate some Frihosters Wink.

It's highly doubted that we'll add anymore new ranks nor edit them.
Maybe they'll be changed during that re-design of FriHost? You know, the one that's supposed to happen in '06? The one that's in an announement?

Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.

(The thing to take away from this post is that I'm anxious to see the new FriHost)
Bondings
Oh, but don't worry, only the main layout will change with a small top and left menu. The actual forums will take a lot longer. However, I will try to make a choice to remove the signatures and (more important) to place the avatar above the posts instead of next to them (will be way more convenient if you have a small screen size).

And the ranks, I never liked the concept ranks in the first place. There was just a very high demand for them.
Marston
I think the ranks look pretty cool. I mean, they are a bit random (in relation to the sober home page).
babumuchhala
Bondings wrote:
... and (more important) to place the avatar above the posts instead of next to them (will be way more convenient if you have a small screen size)...
Hmmm.....
You could install the Morpheus/MorpheusX themes. They have all these required setting built in. But ya redoing all the done mods is most prolly gonna kill u Wink .
madsencarl
DarthSilus wrote:
Also, we could use some more interesting categories. Like one for soley for political deabte on certain aspects. Or one for spirituality and philosophy. And one for science.

[sarcasm] Wow, good work on choosing the most interesting topic avaliable! Good work buddy! [/sarcasm]
n0obie4life
babumuchhala wrote:
Bondings wrote:
... and (more important) to place the avatar above the posts instead of next to them (will be way more convenient if you have a small screen size)...
Hmmm.....
You could install the Morpheus/MorpheusX themes. They have all these required setting built in. But ya redoing all the done mods is most prolly gonna kill u Wink .

I guess you forgot about our rules.
babumuchhala
n0obie4life wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:
Bondings wrote:
Hmmm.....

I guess you forgot about our rules.
There is a wink at the end. and also thats the reason i put this But ya redoing all the done mods is most prolly gonna kill u

Wink Wink