FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

In response to the recent changes in the points/FRIH$ system

Do you give a sh-t about FRIH$?
Yes
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 22

ignition
Simple survey to see who is really concerned about how much "frihost money" they have. I still don't really understand their purpose, if the only thing you can do with them is 1) trade and 2) hoard.

This might answer one of no0b's questions, also.

Here's the changes thread: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-24100.html
Soulfire
I am going to use them in the Marketplace for a template for my website. As for the points, they're very important, as you need them to continue the hosting.
ignition
Obviously the points are important; this poll concerns only the FRIH$.
Marston
ignition, sh!t appears to be your favourite word on these forums... Rolling Eyes

Anyways, frih$ is pretty useful - for instance, I got a Live Messenger invite for 50 frih$. You can trade it for tonnes of useful stuff... Wink
Sentenza
I never really used any of those...and anyway, as you can see it looks like I'm struggling to keep my points from going below -5... lol
phoneix
i register here to take a subdomain, and now i think i can do it...
2-3 days later i will take it...
it should be good use them for a template or banner or somethin else Smile
ignition
Marston wrote:
ignition, sh!t appears to be your favourite word on these forums... Rolling Eyes

Nah, only recently.

I only posted this thread because some people want Bondings to revert the changes he just made regarding FRIH$, and I want to know why. I can see where they would be useful in instances like what you posted, but I'm guessing the average FriHoster rarely - if ever - uses their money or whatever it's called. Several peeps in the announcement thread wanted the minimum FRIH$/post to be restored or at least set, and I'm just curious as to why...as if the money matters so much that you can't get enough with how it is set right now.
Vrythramax
I'm not really sure I care about Frih$ as much as points as I haven't found anything worthwhile to trade them for. Web-templates I don't need as I make and sell my own, and banner ads I can do myself....ad impressions however may be a worthwhile thing to trade them for.

Frih points however *are* important as they keep your hosting free and that's definatly worth the time and effort.
S3nd K3ys
At first, no. But now that I actually want to give them to somebody to write a script for me, yes.
n0obie4life
You'll find it useful soon.

Yes, it might be useless now. But Bondings plans big for Frihost, you might just regret not entering my protest and voting for the First ot Third option.

I do mean big as in really big Wink
SunburnedCactus
n0obie4life wrote:

Like absolutely humongously gigantically large?
n0obie4life
SunburnedCactus wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

Like absolutely humongously gigantically large?

Yes Wink. Ask him yourself Razz
xorcist
I just really care about FRIH$ that much I just really care about the points because that's fo rmy hosting. I only use the points sometimes when I'm using it to get things in the Marketplace for someone to make me a banner or layout.
godam64
frih$ is useless for me. i can't find any benefit from frih$ for myself.
what i need is the points to keep my hosting account on all day long. but the new system really disadvantage me since i don't quite enjoying post on forums.
they own the service, they rule, admin get indirect profit from us.
Tasukii
It's useless for me, I would like to exchange my Frih$ in points that would be better
Jeslyn
I also have no use for FRIH$, just the ponints. Wink
n0obie4life
godam64 wrote:
but the new system really disadvantage me since i don't quite enjoying post on forums.

Damn, is it so hard to understand that Bondings told us to protest NOW. He told us to, if we don't like the system and why.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-24625.html - Protest here. The other post is probably too messy.
MalvagioAddict
well, points really matter as you've said as with the FRIH$, the reason that we newbies don't necessarily think of them as important is that we don't know what we'd actually get from it. I mean look at it, the way I see it we get to buy something with them like templates or whatnot, maybe even scripts if we're really really good. but I only got that from these posts. I never would have given it any thought if not for that, my only concern though I do enjoy posting in the forums is to get my points from falling into the negatives.
jamesmackle
Not really sure how useful they are to me at this stage, but if they have big plans for Frihost, then I will keep building on my puny amount!